PSP comparison...

#1GdboyratedloudPosted 9/1/2011 5:45:54 AM
Please believe I'm not trying to start a war or bait the trolls, but I'd honestly like to know how much stronger the 3DS is compared to the PSP.
---
"Fnck you cuxnt!" -Rihanna
#2skawo93Posted 9/1/2011 5:47:44 AM
PSP is below PS2 power.
3DS is said to be between Gamecube and Wii, with better shaders.

Gamecube > PS2
3DS > Gamecube
3DS > PSP
---
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/skawo96/W.jpg
Run! Run away!
#3kamikaze135Posted 9/1/2011 5:50:39 AM
Saying the 3DS is more powerful than the PSP is like saying the Wii is more powerful than the Xbox when the Wii first launched. It's supposed to be more powerful, but at the moment, there aren't any games that actually prove that.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 9/1/2011 5:53:29 AM(edited)
If PSP is less than PS2
PS2 is less than GameCube
GameCube is less than (or equal) to 3DS
3DS is less then or equal to Wii, then:
Wii <u><</u> 3DS <u><</u> GameCube < PS2 < PSP

^Why do the '<'s only underline properly when I click "Preview and Spellcheck Message"?
#5Gdboyratedloud(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 5:56:19 AM
The reason I ask is because I just found out P3P has a point and click feature instead of exploration I love huge open worlds and that's what I want on the 3DS!! No half-assed rpg's PLZZZZZZ
---
#6brStalkerPosted 9/1/2011 5:56:22 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...
^Why do the '<'s only underline properly when I click "Preview and Spellcheck Message"?

You can put it as <= or >=. It's still correct.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#7kamikaze135Posted 9/1/2011 6:01:13 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
The reason I ask is because I just found out P3P has a point and click feature instead of exploration I love huge open worlds and that's what I want on the 3DS!! No half-assed rpg's PLZZZZZZ

The 3DS is capable of that for sure. UMDs are smaller in storage compared to the 3DS cartridge so more data can be fit (given that the proper amount of compression is done to the game). Even the PSP had RPGs with huge worlds. Btw, P3 didn't have a huge world to explore....it had a few areas to explore and the rest was just a bunch of randomly generated dungeons.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#8fuzacoPosted 9/1/2011 6:01:59 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...

P3 never had a huge open world anyway.
#9DarkKamonGPosted 9/1/2011 6:03:34 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...

Ah, well there's an easy answer. While the 3DS's power relative to PSP is hard to gauge (although early 3DS is capable of late PSP even with 3D eating up some power), Persona 3 Portable's shortcomings were down to restrictive space.

Dual layer UMD's are just under 2GBytes, so they had to take out a load of stuff (partly because they couldn't be bother to redo the anime cutscenes for the female MC too).

The 3DS has more than enough space and power to bring out any PS2, GameCube or Wii calibur game.
#10Gdboyratedloud(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 6:06:15 AM
^good. With the 3DS and the Wii U coming I'm sure raw power won't be a problem like Reggie said :) OT: the Wii U high density disc = blue Ray right???? No need for multiple disc right? Final Fantasy XIII 360 I'm looking at u ;)
---