Surprised at how comfortable the controls are for NES Ambassador titles

#1MichaelDeAngeloPosted 9/1/2011 7:54:28 AM
It was very similar to my experience with the Wii Remote. I thought it would feel a little clunky or cramped or slippery, and I managed to do my normal get to 8-1 in Mario routine with out any problems. I was even more impressed with how well I handled Zelda 2 thus far.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#2deathsaber79Posted 9/1/2011 7:57:00 AM
I'm also surpised how crisp they look on the small screep. The games really feel at home here.
#3MichaelDeAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 8:26:46 AM
Yeah, I read someone complaining about things looking blurry, but it looks really good.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#4ChikaraXPosted 9/1/2011 8:41:27 AM
Only problem I have is saving like in Zelda (1) What the hell?!

So I have to Press Start to open the submenu.
Now I have to switch to player 2 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I have to press Up A to open the save menu.
Now I have to switch back to player 1 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I can finally save? (And I don't remember SAVE being SAVE and RESET location.. But.. It was a long time ago, lol)

Good lord.. Wasn't the original save mode simply pressing Start and Select simultaneously.. Again.. It's been a long time ago since playing the original and making maps for various websites, lol.
#5JeraleepPosted 9/1/2011 9:00:44 AM
ChikaraX posted...
Only problem I have is saving like in Zelda (1) What the hell?!

So I have to Press Start to open the submenu.
Now I have to switch to player 2 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I have to press Up A to open the save menu.
Now I have to switch back to player 1 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I can finally save? (And I don't remember SAVE being SAVE and RESET location.. But.. It was a long time ago, lol)

Good lord.. Wasn't the original save mode simply pressing Start and Select simultaneously.. Again.. It's been a long time ago since playing the original and making maps for various websites, lol.

No, saving for NES still required a second controller - and holding in the reset button in while powering off lol. You could always just get yourself killed and the save menu will come up. That's what I always did as a kid because I never had the manual.
---
Proud hater of Team PS3rd place
#6L0L_FAQPosted 9/1/2011 9:14:40 AM
I think "reset location" existed in case you ever got stuck in a wall or something like that. Honestly, I think that EVERY game should have and should have had that function. Seriously, why not? Unless it's a game where backtracking would break the game (and I can't think of an example) I don't see why NOT. Even if such a game exists, they could just put a feature that would put you in the middle of your current rom or the current dungeon, if it's possible to get locked.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/10x7xxl.png http://i54.tinypic.com/2rm9quq.jpg
3.33GHz i7 Extreme, 16GB RAM, 4x HD6990