Surprised at how comfortable the controls are for NES Ambassador titles

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Surprised at how comfortable the controls are for NES Ambassador titles
4 years ago#1
It was very similar to my experience with the Wii Remote. I thought it would feel a little clunky or cramped or slippery, and I managed to do my normal get to 8-1 in Mario routine with out any problems. I was even more impressed with how well I handled Zelda 2 thus far.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
4 years ago#2
I'm also surpised how crisp they look on the small screep. The games really feel at home here.
4 years ago#3
Yeah, I read someone complaining about things looking blurry, but it looks really good.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
4 years ago#4
Only problem I have is saving like in Zelda (1) What the hell?!

So I have to Press Start to open the submenu.
Now I have to switch to player 2 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I have to press Up A to open the save menu.
Now I have to switch back to player 1 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I can finally save? (And I don't remember SAVE being SAVE and RESET location.. But.. It was a long time ago, lol)

Good lord.. Wasn't the original save mode simply pressing Start and Select simultaneously.. Again.. It's been a long time ago since playing the original and making maps for various websites, lol.
4 years ago#5
ChikaraX posted...
Only problem I have is saving like in Zelda (1) What the hell?!

So I have to Press Start to open the submenu.
Now I have to switch to player 2 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I have to press Up A to open the save menu.
Now I have to switch back to player 1 by holding L and R and pressing Y.
And now I can finally save? (And I don't remember SAVE being SAVE and RESET location.. But.. It was a long time ago, lol)

Good lord.. Wasn't the original save mode simply pressing Start and Select simultaneously.. Again.. It's been a long time ago since playing the original and making maps for various websites, lol.

No, saving for NES still required a second controller - and holding in the reset button in while powering off lol. You could always just get yourself killed and the save menu will come up. That's what I always did as a kid because I never had the manual.
---
Proud hater of Team PS3rd place
4 years ago#6
I think "reset location" existed in case you ever got stuck in a wall or something like that. Honestly, I think that EVERY game should have and should have had that function. Seriously, why not? Unless it's a game where backtracking would break the game (and I can't think of an example) I don't see why NOT. Even if such a game exists, they could just put a feature that would put you in the middle of your current rom or the current dungeon, if it's possible to get locked.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/10x7xxl.png http://i54.tinypic.com/2rm9quq.jpg
3.33GHz i7 Extreme, 16GB RAM, 4x HD6990
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Surprised at how comfortable the controls are for NES Ambassador titles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived