Will there be MORE games to download? Or do we have to download these?

#1Assassin_X_GethPosted 9/1/2011 10:50:08 AM
I remeber they said from NES we could download 10 games. Does that mean JUST the 10 that are out now? Or does that mean as the NES list gets bigger we can download from those too (up to 10)?

Because I after downloading all 10 current games I only kept 3. Which if its true I guess I used my 10 downloads lol.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#2keyblader1985Posted 9/1/2011 10:52:11 AM
We should just throw out all FAQs, guides, and stickies. They're just gathering cobwebs.
---
Now Playing: You don't f***ing care.
FC: See Now Playing
#3SlimeStackPosted 9/1/2011 10:52:11 AM
There's no download limit. Nintendo literally just released 10 NES games.
---
3DS: 3351-4237-2268
#4HOBBESINATORPosted 9/1/2011 11:21:48 AM
-You can only choose from the 10 NES games that are out at this time. 10 more games are indeed on the way (and they will be out by the end of this year), but they are for the Gameboy Advance, not the NES. Collectively, these 20 games make up the entirety of the Ambassador program. No more games will be added to the program.

-There are no download limits for the 10 Ambassador program games currently released. You can delete and redownload them as many times as you want.

-When more NES games are finally added to the service, they will not be free, because they are not part of the Ambassador program.
---
"I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be BROKEN!" -Apocalypse, X-Men:TAS
#5ZanimarPosted 9/1/2011 11:27:54 AM

-You can only choose from the 10 NES games that are out at this time. 10 more games are indeed on the way (and they will be out by the end of this year), but they are for the Gameboy Advance, not the NES. Collectively, these 20 games make up the entirety of the Ambassador program. No more games will be added to the program.

-There are no download limits for the 10 Ambassador program games currently released. You can delete and redownload them as many times as you want.

-When more NES games are finally added to the service, they will not be free, because they are not part of the Ambassador program.

- You will be given 10 GBA games to download when they are released, which in total will make the 20 games that Nintendo promised to Ambassadors. (10 NES and 10 GBA).
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#6Blood_NightsPosted 9/1/2011 11:31:00 AM
Zanimar posted...

- You will be given 10 GBA games to download when they are released, which in total will make the 20 games that Nintendo promised to Ambassadors. (10 NES and 10 GBA).

-You have a pizza in your oven and it's getting burnt.
---
I smell of cheap cigarettes and Whiskey. Can you blame me?
#7LordAndrewPosted 9/1/2011 11:44:01 AM
If you're an Ambassador, you already own these ten. There's no way to avoid owning them.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#8Assassin_X_Geth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 1:58:45 PM
Well that kinda sucks. I love the free games but at first it sounded like they would release lots of games and you could "choose" the ones you want. They need to rephrase it to "We will release 20 games and THOSE are the ones you get. Only choice you have is to download them or not!".

I was hoping it would be something like I'd get 100 SNES games and would get to choose 10. Oh well. Free is still better then nothing. And I am happy I got Zelda 1 & 2 and also SMB!
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#9JackstinPosted 9/1/2011 2:02:29 PM
GTA Assassin X posted...
Well that kinda sucks. I love the free games but at first it sounded like they would release lots of games and you could "choose" the ones you want. They need to rephrase it to "We will release 20 games and THOSE are the ones you get. Only choice you have is to download them or not!".

I was hoping it would be something like I'd get 100 SNES games and would get to choose 10. Oh well. Free is still better then nothing. And I am happy I got Zelda 1 & 2 and also SMB!

I suspect that you found out about the ambassador program from a second hand source (which is not Nintendo's fault) because, whilst there was some ambiguity about whether all the games would be released immediately, in general the press release was very clear in what you'd get.

Did you read the original press release?
#10SenzekiPosted 9/1/2011 2:02:41 PM
There was really nothing confusing about the way they described this program. The temporary list of games had been on their website for some time (5 games) and they specifically stated they would announce "the other 5" at a later date.

5 + 5 = 10. 10 = the number of NES games we get to download. Coincidence? There was never going to be a choice in the matter.
---
[Ambassador] 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8195-9780 -- PS3 ID: Senzeki