Why doesn't nintendo focus on software like sony does?

#1hunter2254Posted 9/1/2011 3:27:48 PM
The main focus of the nintendo conference is going to be the new 3DS hardware products.

The main focus of the sony conference is going to be the 18 new Vita games they're going to announce:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/01/sony_tgs_lineup/

Hardware doesn't doesn't matter, but games do. How come sony gets this but nintendo doesn't?
#2n0matterPosted 9/1/2011 3:28:32 PM
Dude, those games...

Japaneseware! Enjoy.
#31geckoPosted 9/1/2011 3:30:23 PM
The main topic on the Nintendo Conference wasn't revealed. I think.

Now go ahead and play the awesome games on the Vita while I play my 3DS. Now we can both be happy.
---
Obvious Self Declared Nobody of the Zelda: Skyward Sword Board
#4strongo9Posted 9/1/2011 3:32:02 PM
Nintendo is going to reveal new 3DS products. That could be software or hardware. You can't assume that products refers to just hardware. I doubt we'd get new hardware this early anyway. You do know this is Nintendo we're talking about? They focus on software more than Sony and Microsoft do.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#5fuzacoPosted 9/1/2011 3:33:08 PM(edited)
To be precise, that's not the actual number that will be announced for the Vita - it will be much more. Those 18 new titles are just the ones that will be playable at TGS. Expect much more announcements than that.
#6BladinPosted 9/1/2011 3:37:59 PM
omg letz announce all these games.

3 years later the games all come out.

Really, nintendo could build trailers of games that basically are just the trailers*cough killzone* and show them, but they don't bother, nintendo shows games coming out in the near future, and then releases them.

The exception being upon console reveals
#7fuzacoPosted 9/1/2011 3:41:14 PM
Bladin posted...
omg letz announce all these games.

3 years later the games all come out.

Really, nintendo could build trailers of games that basically are just the trailers*cough killzone* and show them, but they don't bother, nintendo shows games coming out in the near future, and then releases them.

The exception being upon console reveals

You DO realize that these 18 games will be playable at TGS?
#8Baha05Posted 9/1/2011 3:41:22 PM
Not to mention again you can blame a good lot on 3rd Party Devs not doing their job and playing the wait and see game, or crying that the 3D is too hard or some bs excuse
#9LordAndrewPosted 9/1/2011 3:43:59 PM
All we know is that Nintendo 3DS products will be there. Software are products too.
---
Official 3DS Embosser
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#10DT-FoxPosted 9/1/2011 3:45:43 PM
Hunter2254, are you trying to start stuff?

You posted another topic several hours ago talking about "Anyone else regretting getting a 3DS?", based on the current lack of games and the rumor of another iteration coming out.

And you make a topic like this? This is a legit topic, and again, you're entitled to your own opinions, but I'm beginning to question your intentions...
---
The clicking of the controller!