Wow, its hard to play the NES games....

#31SmokeCladKing(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 9:29:09 PM
Mattperd posted...
SmokeCladKing posted...
Thank you...

Even New Super Mario Bros uses Y and B.

We got New Super Mario Bros. for the Ambassadors? I thought we got Super Mario Bros. where a "Y" button didn't exist?

Or did I miss something? Or did I miss the point of "Virtual Console"?

Super Mario Bros All Stars SNES
Used Y for Run, B for Jump...

Stop defending it when you know its WRONG!

lol
#32gldooriiPosted 9/1/2011 9:30:16 PM
Sadly, it makes a bit too much sense to add a few little things like button mapping etc. I mean, this is Nintendo..with their own games...on their own system...and they can't even give us little basic features for 2011. Just because the games were from the 80s doesn't mean we need to be stripped down in features like they were. Maybe Nintendo can take some notes from the emulators on plenty of PSPs that allow for button mapping, save states, screen sizes and more.
---
What's the difference between vertical and horizontal shooters? - NeoNujevad
#33MattperdPosted 9/1/2011 9:32:20 PM
SmokeCladKing posted...
Mattperd posted...
I thought we got Super Mario Bros. where a "Y" button didn't exist?

Super Mario Bros All Stars SNES
Used Y for Run, B for Jump...

Stop defending it when you know its WRONG!

lol

What're you...? Nevermind. Pointless.
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#34TerotrousPosted 9/1/2011 9:46:28 PM
You know why the button mapping isn't there:

If they allowed it, then idiots will play a game that says something like "Press B!", but they've mapped A to B and B to Y, so they'll press B (which is actually A), get confused, then call Nintendo and complain that it doesn't work.

Even if they put a picture of the button layout on the bottom screen I bet people would still be too dumb to deal with it.

Anyway, I'm slowly getting used to it, though it still annoys me. I can play Zelda 2 with almost no problems, but I'm clearly handicapped somewhat at Super Mario Bros. I still blew through the first four worlds easily enough, but not as easy as it should have been.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Super C"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#35MARl0Posted 9/1/2011 9:54:42 PM
I agree about the buttons. There's a reason why run was Y, and jump was B in Super Mario World on the SNES. It's a much more natural position for your thumb. I can play the games just fine with the B/A layout, but it isn't even close to what it should be.
---
Currently playing: Atelier Rorona (PS3)
#36The_JasterPosted 9/1/2011 10:23:27 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I have always played 2d Mario game with B to run & A to jump.

Like someone else said, learn to hold a controller/Hand held the right way.
---
"This my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is MINE"
PSN: Shaolin_Jaster