Anyone else disappointed with the prospect of BIT.TRIP SAGA?

#1VyersPosted 9/2/2011 2:11:46 AM
I mean, I really want it, so bad, but half of it is because my Wii is kind of funky right now (reads some discs fine, but not others - ie, no MP Trilogy, but yes to both Galaxies and Sin and Punishment 2), so I don't want to potentially buy COMPLETE and find that I can't play it. I'm just curious why Gaijin Games chose to make COMPLETE so much more... complete, but still price them the same.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#2ZranollPosted 9/2/2011 2:35:55 AM
Even if Complete doesn't work on your wii you would still have it for your Wii U if you get one of those. I plan on getting both. but yeah I would have rather had Saga get the new content too and only get that one.
---
FTANG!
#3Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 2:45:31 AM
Zranoll posted...
Even if Complete doesn't work on your wii you would still have it for your Wii U if you get one of those. I plan on getting both. but yeah I would have rather had Saga get the new content too and only get that one.

I probably won't get the Wii U for a while. I'm pretty content with what I have. It'd have to have a pretty compelling reason to own it for me to buy.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#4MicroOmegaManPosted 9/2/2011 4:13:57 AM
Well, it would take more work to make a 3DS version. Ergo, the same price isn't off base.

My question is; is the collection using up a 2GB 3DS game card with just the originals, or did they just want more to differentiate the collections?
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#5Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 7:56:13 PM
That's certainly an interesting point.
---
#6Ice PulsePosted 9/2/2011 8:16:37 PM
Vyers posted...
(reads some discs fine, but not others - ie, no MP Trilogy, but yes to both Galaxies and Sin and Punishment 2)

Sounds to me like your system has trouble reading dual-layered discs. There are only three games that use dual-layered discs in North America: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Metroid Other M. This is somewhat of a common problem, and I remember hearing that Nintendo would fix it for free (don't quote me on that though). On another note, I highly doubt that Bit.Trip Complete will be massive enough to warrant a dual-layered disc, each of the six games is less than 50MB on Wii Ware.
---
I am error.
#7MW2_Main_MenuPosted 9/2/2011 8:16:59 PM
TC, if your Wii ain't reading MPT, it might be because its a dual-layered game and you have dirty lens.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars
#8Lord_FroodPosted 9/2/2011 8:31:03 PM
Word of warning, they do NOT replace the laser for free. Mine could not read Brawl and I specifically told them that and we still had to pay for it.
Also, beware the fact that over time, you will not be able to even play single layer discs. This happened to me about...4 or 5 months after it stopped reading Brawl.
---
"Fire must be a bad because it's old. The wheel must be bad because it's old. Everything old is horrible and SHOULD be updated." -MechaKoopa5000
#9Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 8:40:38 PM
Nah, it's not that. It also doesn't read Excite Truck or Little King's Story.
---
#10lSnuggsterlPosted 9/2/2011 8:42:00 PM
Well that sucks for you cause my Wii did a very crappy job of reading Brawl maybe.. 3 months after it came out. Shortly after that it stopped reading at all. It worked fine for my Monster Hunter 3 disk and still works fine to this day so, I'm not too certain about that.
---
Kibafool- 6. Snugg will troll you faster then you can post a response.