...Thank goodness for screen protectors.

#1keyblader1985Posted 9/2/2011 10:58:05 AM
Not two minutes ago I was eating while browsing the web on my 3DS. I'm usually very careful about keeping it clean/safe, but I guess a grain of salt must've dropped onto the screen or something. I scrolled a little... and could actually hear the screen being scratched.

If I hadn't put screen protectors on, I'd be F'd in the A. ;>_>
---
Now Playing: You don't f***ing care.
FC: See Now Playing
#2sjakosPosted 9/2/2011 11:00:15 AM
Good for you. I would never eat near my systems.
#3Lord_VishanaPosted 9/2/2011 11:01:03 AM
This is why you NEVER eat while playing handhelds
---
Oi fishface! Lose something eh? Come to negotiate you slimy git? I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!?
#4keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 11:08:19 AM
Wow, that's the one thing people take away from this? Like I said, I'm always careful (and I don't use it if I'm eating something messy), and this is the only time this has happened to me.

And I'm on break at work. I'd be bored without my 3DS.
---
#5DahlVaughnniPosted 9/2/2011 11:25:55 AM
I had my ds lite for 5 years, no screen protector, never had a scratch. Have had my XL for a year now, no protector, no scratches.

People need to take better care of their systems.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#6keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 7:32:49 AM
...You judgmental f***ing cynics piss me off. You look down on anyone who's not as "perfect" as you. News flash, buddy: s*** happens. That's why I have screen protectors in the first place.

It's just like those topics where someone is worried about what other people think. Everyone else looks down on them as if they're all superior for not caring, which is no better than a non-gamer making fun of them. I can't stand people like you.
---
#7endoflevelbossPosted 9/3/2011 7:50:52 AM
keyblader1985 posted...
...You judgmental f***ing cynics piss me off. You look down on anyone who's not as "perfect" as you. News flash, buddy: s*** happens. That's why I have screen protectors in the first place.

It's just like those topics where someone is worried about what other people think. Everyone else looks down on them as if they're all superior for not caring, which is no better than a non-gamer making fun of them. I can't stand people like you.

You get loads of a-holes like that on here. Even with well known hardware problems some clever dicks will always claim that it is a case of "not taking care of your system".

Let's hope if anything unfotunate ever happens to them (unlikely with them being blessed with perfection) then they won't have to endure other holier than thou chumps telling them that they should have "taken more care".
#8packattackPosted 9/3/2011 7:51:27 AM
I lightly played a minigame on Super Mario 64 DS when I first got a DS phat. The screen had 10 deep scratches from playing Lakitu Launch for 30 minutes. There is no way to use a touch screen like that and not get scratches without a protectors. They don't last 5 minutes even if you have the tiniest piece of dust on the screen or stylus.
---
Single and multiplayer video game highscore competition - over 450 games - www.cyberscore.me.uk
#9endoflevelbossPosted 9/3/2011 7:57:49 AM
packattack posted...
I lightly played a minigame on Super Mario 64 DS when I first got a DS phat. The screen had 10 deep scratches from playing Lakitu Launch for 30 minutes. There is no way to use a touch screen like that and not get scratches without a protectors. They don't last 5 minutes even if you have the tiniest piece of dust on the screen or stylus.

Yeah when people claim they have no scratches on the touch screen after years with no protector I suspect they haven't taken "proper care" of their eyes.
#10Second_ChancesPosted 9/3/2011 8:00:31 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
I had my ds lite for 5 years, no screen protector, never had a scratch. Have had my XL for a year now, no protector, no scratches.

People need to take better care of their systems.

This this this this

Seriously. I can never get screen protectors to go on right (either I totally miss part of the screen or I can't get rid of bubbles even with a little card thing). So, I actually take care of it because I have to.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground