Sucks there is no save state

#11FoofyheadPosted 9/2/2011 12:27:54 PM
The change the dynamic when you use them.
---
Fefe Dobson rocks!
#12alexg1989Posted 9/2/2011 12:34:33 PM
even NES games on PSP have save states... lols
#13toma13Posted 9/2/2011 12:41:11 PM
all_that_juice posted...
Regular VC games get a save state. Why don't the ambassador VC games? When I screw up in Mario I wanna go back to my save state, but it's not there. I'm screwed. I feel like this ambassador stuff was rushed. What do you think?

You can't beat Super Mario Bros without save states? That's pretty sad.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#14all_that_juice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 12:41:57 PM
Maybe Nintendo should hire some of those people who make NES emulators.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#15T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 9/3/2011 2:42:38 AM(edited)
truevirtue posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
I think the games are better without save states. These games change their whole dynamic when you stick save states in them..

If you want save-state but don't have it, your left unhappy.
If you have save-state but don't want it, you can simply choose not to use it.

How exactly does it change the dynamics of the game?

Because people should not want them.

Their usage kills many games. It removes all the tension, it removes all the difficulty, it completely decharacterizes any game.

Edit: And I know, you can just not use them. But let's get real, if you have the option of rejumping that pit, or starting all over again, you'll rejump that pit. Sure it feels better at the moment, but you've also completely ruined the game.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#16MicroOmegaManPosted 9/3/2011 4:10:19 AM
As was always stated, Resume Points and manuals will be added (for free) as they are ready with the ones to be sold to the general public.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#17Gavin_RozeePosted 9/3/2011 4:16:17 AM
Nintendo could have delayed the NES games until the end of the year to include Restore Points from the start, but if they did I'm sure you'd be crying that they're taking too long, right?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#18seb03Posted 9/3/2011 4:58:02 AM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Hard to beat the games without cheating isn't it?

ITT: Nintendo fanboys defend the lack of options.
Nintendo were lazy and threw together these games at the last minute. Such terrible emulation with such a lack of options. Go back 10 years and find an emulator on the PC that lets you do whatever you want with the game. But apparently 80 dollars worth of NES games doesn't even let you have a save state. Sad.
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#19MicroOmegaManPosted 9/3/2011 5:09:41 AM
seb03 posted...
Such terrible emulation

Not adding extra features is in no way poor emulation of the software. Poor emulation would be slowdown, loss of frames, lost sound, missing or altered graphics, and many other things, things that aren't features not present in the original games or hardware.

The starting point for your whole comment is a fabricated implication. Saying a game is harder without save-stating doesn't imply which way the commenter feels about the feature not being available.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,