IGN gives Star Fox 64 3D a score of 9/10

#41LHS_2012Posted 9/2/2011 7:09:36 PM
Jelley0 posted...
A port with enhanced graphics gets a 9? IGN sucks, hell, I don't listen to any reviewers anymore.

I think this is what TC meant with the inb4.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#42BraveAdolPosted 9/2/2011 7:10:28 PM
I guess its easier to say 'this review is bs I bet they got paid off sooooo much to write it' than put down a well reasoned post delineating specific things in the review you disagree with
---
Read my comics @ http://thejaystack.tumblr.com (Tell your friends!)
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#43Mario_BonesPosted 9/2/2011 7:13:29 PM
BraveAdol posted...
I guess its easier to say 'this review is bs I bet they got paid off sooooo much to write it' than put down a well reasoned post delineating specific things in the review you disagree with

Because it totally contradicts their Pilotwings review. It got marked down for having no content, yet this game has less, and got points for having beatable high scores (which Pilotwings does as well).
Not to mention a "half-baked" multiplayer mode should lose more than just one mark.
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#44trenkenPosted 9/2/2011 7:13:59 PM
Saying they were paid off is ridiculous.

It's much more logical to assume the reviewer is older, loved the game when it came out, or grew to love it later, and it reviewing on standards set at the time it came out.

If a 2 hour long brand new shooter came out at retail today for the PS3 with no online MP, there is no doubt it would get ripped to pieces. Take reviews with a grain of salt. It's one guy in the world reviewing a game.

Maybe, like myself, he has fond memories of this game and is not comparing it to todays standards, so in that case then yeah i guess it's a 9 quality games, like it was when it came out.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#45LHS_2012Posted 9/2/2011 7:18:02 PM
Mario_Bones posted...
BraveAdol posted...

Because it totally contradicts their Pilotwings review. It got marked down for having no content, yet this game has less, and got points for having beatable high scores (which Pilotwings does as well).
Not to mention a "half-baked" multiplayer mode should lose more than just one mark.

Different reviewer I think. Consistency has never been IGN's thing. For example, one reviewer responded to a commentor saying the new Deus Ex is better than GTA4 and deserved a 10 with something along the lines of "I agree Deus Ex is better, but I wouldn't give GTA4 a 10 either.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#46BrianCraigSmithPosted 9/2/2011 7:19:52 PM
Besides that fact that I loved the original game (first one I ever had with my N64), the lack of online should have brought this down realistically to a 7.5-8.5. After reading the review, he must have been pretty impressed with the graphics to just brush off the lack of online, but most of you are forgetting one crucial detail:

GRAPHICS DON'T MAKE A GREAT GAME!

They help to enhance to experience for sure. Here's a comparison for ya:

N64 - 8.7
3DS - 9.0
#47MW2_Main_MenuPosted 9/2/2011 7:27:24 PM
Mario_Bones posted...
BraveAdol posted...

Because they only have one reviewer.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars