Engage Ridley Mother ******

#1vital_vertigoPosted 9/2/2011 7:07:01 PM
using this as a code in the 3ds metroid will freeze your game...........Why?
---
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board
#2trenkenPosted 9/2/2011 7:10:12 PM
Dont know, but its true. I dont think it was anything purposeful. Why would it be, especially in a Nintendo game?

There's actually a ton of codes for that game that do all kinds of weird things.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#3Soanevalcke6Posted 9/2/2011 7:12:41 PM
trenken posted...
Dont know, but its true. I dont think it was anything purposeful. Why would it be, especially in a Nintendo game?

There's actually a ton of codes for that game that do all kinds of weird things.

im pretty sure it gave you zero suit samus, could be wrong though
---
Final Fantasies: 9>5>6>7>The Rest
#4trenkenPosted 9/2/2011 7:16:13 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
trenken posted...

im pretty sure it gave you zero suit samus, could be wrong though

This code doesnt do anything but freeze the game. Even in emulators. It's a weird glitch. We may never know why it freezes it. Maybe just something fun some programmers decided to through in there, who knows.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#5RecklessnessFTWPosted 9/3/2011 9:45:21 AM
This is what it should've done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3UyVylP7AI
---
I don't exist, stop hallucinating
Waiting for- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Sonic Generations
#6skawo93Posted 9/3/2011 9:47:33 AM(edited)
It's a glitch code, the emulator doesn't emulate everything the NES does completely, just what's necessary to run the game. End.
---
The second videogame crash is coming.
Soon.
#7CHEEEESEMANPosted 9/3/2011 10:26:20 AM
I checked this password with Metroid Password Generator yesterday when someone posted it, and the reason it crashes is because it sets Bit 68 which is the reset bit. The password system uses a system of 128 bits and each character entered into the password toggles different bits on and off. Google Metroid NES password system for more info.

By the way, if you remove the Reset Bit and make the password a valid one it would be:

E7GAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER F****J

Where the last word ends with a J instead of an R and the N in ENGAGE is a 7.

This Password would give you the following:
- Start in Tourian
- 82 missiles
- 11 missile containers
- 3 energy tanks
- Ice Beam
- Varia Suit
- Swimsuit Samus
- Various Red and Yellow doors will be open
- You will have defeated Ridley but ironically have the Kraid statue
- Destroyed 4 out of 5 Zebetites
- Played for approx 2755656 Hours 29 Minutes and 5 Seconds (or roughly 314 Years 6 Months and 26 Days)

PRO TIP: The only password that ignores this rule is the following:

NARPAS SWORD0
000000 000000

That is because this password is hard coded into the game and is a Debug password. It gives you infinite energy and missiles and all equipment (including an Ice Beam that uses the Wave Beam sprite).
---
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA
#8nintendoggerPosted 9/3/2011 10:28:41 AM
Is that the same as the naked Samus?
---
Nintendo called it the Ambassador Program because "Ambassador" is an anagram of "Moar Badass". -StarlightDrive
-Proud Female Gamer-