What's the story on Zelda 2 anyway?

#1STN79Posted 9/3/2011 1:58:51 AM
What I mean is,
Why after that winning formula in the original did they change things so drastically?
I've always sorta liked the game anyway but what happened?
Was Miyamoto on holiday or something? Was he even involved?
#2FivePoundNotePosted 9/3/2011 2:02:05 AM
The development team were coming down from a two-week cocaine binge.
#3BonezWellPosted 9/3/2011 2:33:02 AM
Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the original The Legend of Zelda, intended to make Zelda II: The Adventure of Link fundamentally different from its predecessor. A different team was assembled to develop the game.[4] However, Miyamoto was the producer, and Takashi Tezuka returned to write the story and script.[5][6] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link was directed by Tadashi Sugiyama, for whom it was the first project at Nintendo.[5][7] The game's music was composed by Akito Nakatsuka, who was credited under the pseudonym "Tsukasan".[5][8]

Miyamoto just wanted to do something different.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#4STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 2:41:42 AM
Wow that's alot of info!
Didn't think anybody would know so much about it.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I don't think the end result was as terrible as people make it out to be.
The game still has alot of fans and you gotta give them credit for trying something new.
#5BonezWellPosted 9/3/2011 2:42:35 AM
STN79 posted...
Wow that's alot of info!
Didn't think anybody would know so much about it.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I don't think the end result was as terrible as people make it out to be.
The game still has alot of fans and you gotta give them credit for trying something new.

Just pulled it of a wiki ;) Can read more here if you want: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link#Development_and_releases
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#6Danny00618Posted 9/3/2011 2:50:10 AM
Well if you look at the title screen and wait, a message describing the game comes up.

It says impa told link that zelda was put into a deep sleep, and after defeating ganon, link had to get no. 3 (?) triforce sealed in a palace in hyrule, to break the seal, link must place the crystals in 6 heavily gaurded statues.
---
Check out my Qoute for PSN + more!