Can't SE remake Chrono Trigger as many time as they want?

#1PkjoanPosted 9/3/2011 7:36:41 AM
I've seen that with FF games, why not Chrono Trigger? We could have a 3DS version with 3D graphics, the same music upgraded, and longer story explaining Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers.Oh and Cutscenes!!!

Just imagine the World Map of 2300 A.D with Full 3D destroyed buildings, domes and labs.
---
Nintendo 3DS- Nintendo found 3 ways to Destroy Sony
Official Nintendo 3DS Ambassador
#2FrankGrimeyPosted 9/3/2011 7:37:26 AM
Because FF is a bigger name?
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#3fuzacoPosted 9/3/2011 7:38:57 AM
I don't think it needs a remake. I just started playing it on my PSP and it's still a solid game.
#4Pkjoan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 7:39:18 AM
FrankGrimey posted...

Wow man that hurted me!
---
Nintendo 3DS- Nintendo found 3 ways to Destroy Sony
Official Nintendo 3DS Ambassador
#5MattperdPosted 9/3/2011 8:09:33 AM
fuzaco posted...
I don't think it needs a remake. I just started playing it on my PSP and it's still a solid game.

...Chrono Trigger's on the PSP? Waaaaht?

But what they need to do is make Chrono Cross on the 3DS, or just go ahead and make Chrono Break.
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#6MagoziPosted 9/3/2011 8:16:17 AM
Pkjoan posted...
FrankGrimey posted...

Wow man that hurted me!

I am hurted also!
#7Supa_SPosted 9/3/2011 8:16:40 AM
I would rather they develop a completely new game for the 3DS than another remake

ENOUGH with the remakes already
#8fuzacoPosted 9/3/2011 8:23:15 AM
Mattperd posted...
fuzaco posted...

...Chrono Trigger's on the PSP? Waaaaht?

It's on the PSN as a PSOne Classic.
#9MattperdPosted 9/3/2011 8:24:35 AM
Supa_S posted...
I would rather they develop a completely new game for the 3DS than another remake

ENOUGH with the remakes already

Star Fox 64, Zelda: OoT, Tales, Rayman, maybe Shin Megami Tensei and BlazBlue (If you really can debate that)?

...What else is there? There's about 37 3DS games out 5 possible suspects makes it crazy?
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#10tooweakPosted 9/3/2011 8:26:28 AM
Several non-SE staff members have partial rights to CT. So Square has to get their approval for it as well.

And the PSP/PS1 version is downloadable for purchase in certain regions only (i.e. not USA yet)
---
Coming Soon: Klonoa on PSN. Please buy it this time.
Heartbroken MML fan? Look into Solatorobo for DS.