Can't SE remake Chrono Trigger as many time as they want?

#21d0wnerPosted 9/3/2011 5:43:28 PM
If by 'overrated' you mean 'hands down one of the greatest console RPGs ever', then yeah.
---
shoot the core.
#22TorchicBlazikenPosted 9/3/2011 5:59:27 PM
I'd rather see a Chrono Cross remake than another remake of a game that already has a remake that I can play on the same system and is good enough for me.

I'd even prefer to get Radical Dreamers on the eShop.
#23MarioFanaticXVPosted 9/3/2011 6:01:41 PM
d0wner posted...
If by 'overrated' you mean 'hands down one of the greatest console RPGs ever', then yeah.

When you consider that the SNES alone had dozens of superior RPGs, Chrono Trigger doesn't seem that impressive. Sure, it's high quality by today's standards, but it was nothing compared to its time period.
---
Dynasty Warriors 5 w/Xtreme Legends Progress:
Lv20 common items: 7/10 Rare items: 29/29 Final Weapons: 32/48
#24Soanevalcke6Posted 9/3/2011 6:05:51 PM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
d0wner posted...

When you consider that the SNES alone had dozens of superior RPGs, Chrono Trigger doesn't seem that impressive. Sure, it's high quality by today's standards, but it was nothing compared to its time period.

The only One that even Compares to Chrono Trigger is Final Fantasy V
---
Final Fantasies: 9>5>6>7>The Rest
#25d0wnerPosted 9/3/2011 6:08:42 PM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
When you consider that the SNES alone had dozens of superior RPGs, Chrono Trigger doesn't seem that impressive.

This statement isn't even remotely defensible. Dozens of superior RPGs my ass.
---
shoot the core.
#26VegetaDPosted 9/3/2011 6:23:06 PM
Chrono Trigger is perfect as it is, no need to remake it. I'm not a big RPG person but even I would say this game is one of the top games in the genre whether it's compared to RPGs today or in the SNES era.
#27DiscomasterPosted 9/3/2011 6:24:55 PM
fuzaco posted...
Mattperd posted...
fuzaco posted...
I don't think it needs a remake. I just started playing it on my PSP and it's still a solid game.

...Chrono Trigger's on the PSP? Waaaaht?

It's on the PSN as a PSOne Classic.

No, it's not. Not yet anyways.
#28MARl0Posted 9/3/2011 8:47:49 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
The only One that surpasses Chrono Trigger is Final Fantasy VI

I took the liberty of fixing your post.
---
Currently playing: Atelier Rorona (PS3)