Answers for the Ambassador trolls.

#21steelergrizzPosted 9/3/2011 3:00:29 PM
Vyers posted...

Nintendo clearly think that they DID have to do something.

Nintendo is not stupid. You're basically arguing that they threw away many, many millions of dollars that could have perhaps been made from sales of these free games to be nice, instead of the more likely reason being that they are not in the best position as a company, and need to ensure that their screw-up with the 3DS does not make some early adopters annoyed with the fact that Nintendo did the fastest and biggest price drop in the company's history. Would you have just let it alone, in their state, when there is the potential that they could end up alienating their biggest fans for their next console?

I'm not disagreeing with nintendos decision- I think the free games were necessary.

However, the games weren't paid for. That's my argument. Prior to the ambassador program being announced, NO ONE paid 250 for a 3ds expecting 20 free games.
#22VyersPosted 9/3/2011 3:09:10 PM
steelergrizz posted...
Vyers posted...

Nintendo clearly think that they DID have to do something.

Nintendo is not stupid. You're basically arguing that they threw away many, many millions of dollars that could have perhaps been made from sales of these free games to be nice, instead of the more likely reason being that they are not in the best position as a company, and need to ensure that their screw-up with the 3DS does not make some early adopters annoyed with the fact that Nintendo did the fastest and biggest price drop in the company's history. Would you have just let it alone, in their state, when there is the potential that they could end up alienating their biggest fans for their next console?

I'm not disagreeing with nintendos decision- I think the free games were necessary.

However, the games weren't paid for. That's my argument. Prior to the ambassador program being announced, NO ONE paid 250 for a 3ds expecting 20 free games.

I must have misinterpreted your post; my apologies.

It is true that no one spent the money with the intention of getting those 20 games, but the fact is that knowing or not, that $250 you spent got you 20 games - as a bonus, not for free.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey