Agree/Disagree: Gamers are generally harder on Nintendo than other developers.

#31DT-FoxPosted 9/3/2011 2:27:40 PM
I kinda agree. I'll admit that Nintendo has been flipping up a bit, and yes, they could do some things better... But I also think gamers are being a bit unruly at times.

I think we're in a generation where people are so demanding of things they most likely wont support in the end. If you already own a PS3/360, and Nintendo did EVERYTHING Microsoft and Sony did, will that make you want to go out and get that Nintendo system? Probably not, but yet, you see it fit to get mad, complain, and "feel sorry" for the "suckers" when they do things differently.

And heaven forbid you're one of the folks who are alright with something that the other person hates. You'll be considered a fanboy! D':
---
The clicking of the controller!
#32MattKornerPosted 9/3/2011 2:55:15 PM
See, I just go with it.
If I see games I like, I'll buy the system. And I usually buy Nintendo first because they are usually less expensive, and I know there franchises, such as Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc.
Yeah, I beat Super Mario Galaxy 100% in four days, because it's very similar to Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64 before that. Still had fun doing it.
The Hookshot can only get so many revisions, but nothing I like more than shooting a metal chain from a device in my hand into things.
And Samus...stop getting rid of your abilities so often. At least hold onto a few missiles.
But they're still fun.
And some standalone games, like The World Ends With You, was a big change in the way a game can be played.
It worked out well.
Bit some people want only new stuff. Guess what?
Things don't work that way.
I can't just wake up and decide I want to breathe carbon instead of oxygen. I can't just go work at a different job every day. I can't just go trade in old friends for new ones.
But we can decide what we eat for breakfast, can change the radio stations in our car, and can decide what we want to do for fun.
Nintendo gives us both.
And they don't worry about next-gen graphics the way Sony and Microsoft did. As handsome as he is, I don't need to see every whisker on Gordan Freemans face in HD.
It's all gimmicks. And don't praise Sony or Microsoft, they made the system, not the games. It's all about the individual game, not the system itself. That's like choosing a PS3 over a Wii because the home screen looks better to you.
Developer Renegade Kid proved it's about how you make the game, not about the limitations of the system.

I think Nintendo does get more flak than others, but only because people have had longer to complain about them.
I'm all for improvement, but variety and same ol' same ol' go hand in hand.
One more example to end my rant that even I stopped paying attention to:
Imagine, you like the color green.
"I like the color green, but I kinda want to see what other colors are out there."
Someone comes up and says "I can offer you red or blue. But you can only pick one, and you HAVE to give up green forever."
Can you imagine being told to make that decision?
I'd kick that person right in the tenders before hitting him in the head with a sledgehammer.
If Nintendo does what everyone else does, then that alienates fans like me, but if they do what I want, that alienates what others want. They have a middle ground, and people who STILL complain are divas.
---
Why is Ixion the most hardcore metal Aeon ever?
Because he is a THUNDER HORSE!
#33ORANGE666Posted 9/3/2011 3:03:16 PM
Disagree, the Nintendo logo is all gamers need to praise their games. If people were hard on Nintendo, Kirby which is probably the worst of Nintendo's franchises in terms of gameplay, would be getting 6/10 scores everywhere.
#34MarsfordPosted 9/3/2011 3:10:04 PM
MattKorner posted...
See, I just go with it.
If I see games I like, I'll buy the system. And I usually buy Nintendo first because they are usually less expensive, and I know there franchises, such as Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc.
Yeah, I beat Super Mario Galaxy 100% in four days, because it's very similar to Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64 before that. Still had fun doing it.
The Hookshot can only get so many revisions, but nothing I like more than shooting a metal chain from a device in my hand into things.
And Samus...stop getting rid of your abilities so often. At least hold onto a few missiles.
But they're still fun.
And some standalone games, like The World Ends With You, was a big change in the way a game can be played.
It worked out well.
I can't just wake up and decide I want to breathe carbon instead of oxygen. I can't just go work at a different job every day. I can't just go trade in old friends for new ones.
But we can decide what we eat for breakfast, can change the radio stations in our car, and can decide what we want to do for fun.
Nintendo gives us both.
And they don't worry about next-gen graphics the way Sony and Microsoft did. As handsome as he is, I don't need to see every whisker on Gordan Freemans face in HD.
It's all gimmicks. And don't praise Sony or Microsoft, they made the system, not the games. It's all about the individual game, not the system itself. That's like choosing a PS3 over a Wii because the home screen looks better to you.
Developer Renegade Kid proved it's about how you make the game, not about the limitations of the system.

I think Nintendo does get more flak than others, but only because people have had longer to complain about them.
"I like the color green, but I kinda want to see what other colors are out there."
Someone comes up and says "I can offer you red or blue. But you can only pick one, and you HAVE to give up green forever."
I'd kick that person right in the tenders before hitting him in the head with a sledgehammer.
If Nintendo does what everyone else does, then that alienates fans like me, but if they do what I want, that alienates what others want. They have a middle ground, and people who STILL complain are divas.

Well said.
---
3DS friend code: 3952 - 7078 - 6164
#35logans_run_82Posted 9/3/2011 3:24:08 PM
MattKorner posted...
See, I just go with it.
But they're still fun.
It worked out well.
Nintendo gives us both.

at first I was like "Too long didn't read" But then I read it, and was like "for totes dude"
---
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#36coldwinePosted 9/3/2011 3:35:20 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Disagree, the Nintendo logo is all gamers need to praise their games.

This, times a billion. Give or take.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#37pikachupwnagePosted 9/3/2011 4:11:21 PM
MattKorner posted...
See, I just go with it.
But they're still fun.
It worked out well.
Nintendo gives us both.

I am pikachupwnage and I approve of this message.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. member of the ELN
#38Mariofan15Posted 9/3/2011 4:17:14 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Disagree, the Nintendo logo is all gamers need to praise their games. If people were hard on Nintendo, Kirby which is probably the worst of Nintendo's franchises in terms of gameplay, would be getting 6/10 scores everywhere.

Lol,no.Kirby is no where near the worst. Also,I agree. Though it is mostly trolls and fanboys that are hard on them though.
---
Pokemon White:1979-2643-0071
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#39UiruPosted 9/3/2011 4:19:58 PM
Kirby is generally fantastic.

There's a lot more to a game than difficulty.
---
~Uiru
#40strongo9Posted 9/3/2011 4:22:14 PM
hunter2254 posted...
Disagree. I can't believe how people can put up with most of the **** nintendo pulls. Forcing devs to charge people for demos? If Kotick or Sony tried to do this, the ****storm would last for months. But since its nintendo, no one gives a ****. People like to complain about DLC, but that's nothing compared to nintendo releasing two copies of THE SAME GODDAMN GAME and giving them minor version exclusive content. Then a year later they release another version of the game with a bit more version exclusive content. for the same price And people eat this **** up without question.

At first I thought you were talking about Capcom, than I realized you were talking about Pokemon. That's Gamefreak, not Nintendo. They're a 2nd party developer that develops games exclusively for Nintendo systems. Nintendo doesn't have any say on what they do.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!