If you got a problem with what a company does, why not tell them?

#1DT-FoxPosted 9/3/2011 7:01:23 PM
*This topic isn't directed at any single person, but all the folks who aren't happy with something and feels they need to tell someone about it*

You're free to complain on a forum (freedom of speech and all that jazz)... But I'm curious, if something the company did bothers you so much, have you tried letting the company know?

For some of the products you've bought, but are disappointed with, why not fill out the survey and tell them everything that you didn't like about the product? Assuming you didn't BS the surveys just for CN coins... There's a reason why surveys are taken.

This isn't really about petitions or how "it never works", but if there's a complaint, have YOU ever actually tried to let a company know about it? They have phone numbers and e-mail addresses for this very reason. If its not worth even trying to tell them about, is it really as much of a problem as you feel it is?
---
The clicking of the controller!
#2LightHawKnightPosted 9/3/2011 7:05:04 PM
Trolls complain cause they do not own a 3DS anyways, no way to do this even if they wanted to. Though they could still email Nintendo.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#3MarsfordPosted 9/3/2011 7:06:23 PM
Ha, I've always wondered this about all the people who complain. Telling us their problems won't change much. Yet people always feel inclined to make a new topic about what Nintendo SHOULD do, but never tell Nintendo about it.
---
3DS friend code: 3952 - 7078 - 6164
#4so64Posted 9/3/2011 7:08:14 PM
Hmm...It would make this board pretty much dead if that were to happen...
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#5DT-Fox(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 7:18:40 PM
so64 posted...
Hmm...It would make this board pretty much dead if that were to happen...

Lol, I'll give you that. People can still spill their legit complaints and hang-ups around here. I mean a forum without debates is just a fan-club. Its just that if something really bothers them, they should do something about it. Complaints mean nothing if the intended party doesn't hear it.
---
#6Mariofan15Posted 9/3/2011 7:29:37 PM
What good would telling them do? It's not like they'd listen to them anyway.
---
Pokemon White:1979-2643-0071
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#7DiscomasterPosted 9/3/2011 7:43:06 PM(edited)
I have a suggestion, since this is what I do:

When you do your surveys for Club Nintendo, make sure you leave detailed comments instead of just clicking boxes and submitting. I grinned and chuckled a bit the other night when I read that happy little card that came with my blue pouch for my 3DS that reads:

THANK YOU for your feedback!

We hope you enjoy your Club Nintendo Reward.

Your valuable input helps us create new opportunities to bring smiles to our fans.

If it's true that they really take all that information into consideration, I've sent comments about how weak their virtual console service is as far as updating it goes. I've also made complaints about several Wii games that could have been better if they had suited multiple controller type options. Hell, for what it's worth, buy one of the 3D classics just to complain about poor choices of games to be remade in 3D. Who knows, it's gotta be worth a shot.

EDIT: On that note, I can't wait to do the surveys for the Ambassador games. I'll get to tell them how I really feel about Golf and Yoshi. >_>
#8DT-Fox(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 7:49:14 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
What good would telling them do? It's not like they'd listen to them anyway.

So then why complain in the first place? Seriously though, I know you can't win them all and sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on. But you also don't know if something will have an effect unless you try. And if one voice doesn't work, then get more voices.

One can rant, complain, and vent all they want. Venting is healthy for the human mind (given they don't look like an absolute whiner). But its nothing but hot air if one doesn't even TRY to do something about it. Especially if it really does bother you.

Also, @Discomaster - See? You get the idea! Trying something is better than doing nothing! Although, I don't think one should really pay for something just to complain... but yeah.

ALSO, also, There is that Star Rating system in the e-Shop. Not pleased with a game for lord knows what reason? Vote it down!
---
#9JorgezxPosted 9/3/2011 9:38:22 PM(edited)
Well, I heard some people complained about some games not being localized (Operation Rainfall). I wonder how that ended.
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#10GentleIdealistPosted 9/3/2011 9:42:36 PM
It hasn't ended.
---
http://oprainfall.freeforums.org
http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/