Another Ambassador games topic? Oh noes...

#1DiscomasterPosted 9/3/2011 10:47:19 PM
If the Ambassador games could receive improvements, and not just adding local multiplayer and crap like that, here's some thoughts as to how each could be improved.

All of the black box titles (Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong Jr., Ice Climber, Wrecking Crew, Super Mario Bros.) are all largely high-score based arcade style games. Well, Mario not so much, but playing for high score could entice players to get through all 32 stages instead of warp-zoning to the end. All of these games could benefit from having a list of high scores, possibly even online leaderboards for friends and worldwide. Yoshi could benefit from this as well.

Wrecking Crew could have a more user friendly and fleshed out stage programmer, kinda like how it works on Excitebike 3D. The Vs mode would be a nice addition as well, since the competitive aspects sound really fun.

I can't touch on Metroid, all I can say is they should have used Zero Mission as a GBA title instead.

The Zelda games could benefit from some graphical updates and added depth to the stories. Metroid Zero Mission is a good template to use for this... Make the games more fleshed out, add some extra content to the end of it. Imagine defeating Ganon at the end of the original game, but include some content that further ties it in with Zelda II, and create some save spots for Zelda II... Maybe get rid of the 3 lives thing and replace all the extra lives with some other powerup or something.

And Golf? Just apologize for this piece of crap and give us something fun instead. There's very few sports games that are worth venturing into the past for, and this is certainly not one of them. Matter of fact, the only one that comes to mind is Konami's Blades of Steel.
#2Lord_FroodPosted 9/3/2011 10:48:54 PM
Have you sent this list of complaints to Nintendo?
---
"Fire must be a bad because it's old. The wheel must be bad because it's old. Everything old is horrible and SHOULD be updated." -MechaKoopa5000
#3XXDEADKINGXXPosted 9/3/2011 10:51:01 PM
I'd like just online. It doesn't change the game so much. Some people just want to play NES games, for how original it is. Changing it too much, will disappoint those gamers.
#4markcorey97Posted 9/3/2011 10:51:07 PM
Allllllllrighty then
---
3DS Friend Code: 2062-9320-8209
#5Discomaster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 10:54:56 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Have you sent this list of complaints to Nintendo?

Not yet. When the surveys are ready on Club Nintendo I definitely will tho. :)
#6strongo9Posted 9/3/2011 10:56:58 PM
They're ports, why would you expect some of those changes?
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#7Discomaster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 11:01:15 PM
strongo9 posted...
They're ports, why would you expect some of those changes?

They're supposed to release updated versions of the games later on anyways when they hit the eShop, so why not? And it's not fair to say I expect them, I just think it would be a great step in the right direction.