Trying to play through Metroid taught me a valuable lesson.

#11VyersPosted 9/4/2011 2:17:34 PM
Blood_Nights posted...
Or, you know, you just suck

That's usually how it is, when someone's opinion isn't the same as yours.

Metroid has tons of grinding every time you die, and it's overly complicated. Strange that it's so popular among people who say that RPGs sux cause there's too much grinding and complications.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#12Gavin_Rozee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 2:26:36 PM
Vyers posted...
Blood_Nights posted...

Metroid has tons of grinding every time you die, and it's overly complicated. Strange that it's so popular among people who say that RPGs sux cause there's too much grinding and complications.

I most certainly don't suck. I've 100% completed every Metroid game, bar Metroid and Metroid II multiple times.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#13NyyarkPosted 9/4/2011 2:30:19 PM
I'm actually finding it much easier than I remembered despite not remembering where anything is.
#14VyersPosted 9/4/2011 2:42:16 PM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
Vyers posted...
Blood_Nights posted...

I most certainly don't suck. I've 100% completed every Metroid game, bar Metroid and Metroid II multiple times.

Why are you quoting me?
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#15Gavin_Rozee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 2:43:56 PM
Vyers posted...
Gavin_Rozee posted...
Vyers posted...
Blood_Nights posted...

Why are you quoting me?

I couldn't be bothered to scroll back up lol. My reply was of course to the other guy.
---
#16Checkmate88Posted 9/4/2011 3:28:29 PM
It's almost hard to believe that Metriod Prime, a masterpiece, has anything to do with that original game.
Heck, I seems hard to believe Zero Mission was based on it.
---
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=631673
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=45114
#17baconcow1812Posted 9/4/2011 3:47:52 PM
I've played both (but never beaten the original). I enjoyed Zero Mission far more.
---
"the hell!?"
#18Ben_ShinobiPosted 9/4/2011 3:56:44 PM
The original Metroid has not aged well at all. It's pretty terrible actually, especially when compared to the rest of the series.
---
PSN: TheSilentShinobi
#19TheDeadKennedysPosted 9/4/2011 4:00:51 PM
Yeah I agree, it was cool back then as a kid exploring and making your own map and everything, but why bother playing through it now when you have Zero Mission? I guess for nostalgia.
---
GT: CrackedOut xAKx
#20Gavin_Rozee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 4:12:21 PM(edited)
If Nintendo had just given us Zero Mission (Which includes NEStroid anyway!), we could have received a better NES game. NEStroid is available in many other ways; NES cart, Wii VC, Zero Mission, Prime, etc. Zero Mission is only available on GBA cart and as said, is not only better, but includes the original! I just can't understand their decision, especially when they don't plan to sell any GBA VC games (So they say).
---