Is Metroid (one of the Ambassador games) worth working through or should I just

#11strongo9Posted 9/4/2011 5:36:24 PM
Zero Mission can be bought for a relatively cheap price, so go pick that up. Metroid really isn't a game worth playing if you don't want to use a guide or wander around aimlessly. It's poorly designed and outdated.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#12wheepitupPosted 9/4/2011 6:38:19 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
trenken posted...
wheepitup posted...
That reminds me, isn't the original Metroid included on Zero Mission anyways? So why'd they even bother giving up Metroid as one of the NES games? Seems like a waste.

Metroid Fusion is one of the ambassador games, we dont know if ZM is.

And I doubt ZM will be since all it is is a remake of the Original Metroid.

Oops my mistake.
---
My Collection - http://people.ign.com/decayedmatter/games Gaming YT - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#13toma13Posted 9/4/2011 6:43:30 PM
yoda2323 posted...
How does Zero Mission improve upon the original?

Zero Mission is essentially a new game based on the story of Metroid. It isn't a remake like OoT or Mario All Stars where everything is in the same place but looks prettier. It is more a remake in the sense of a movie remake, where it follows the same basic outline but the content is extremely different. It's closer to Fusion mixed with Super Metroid than it is to NES Metroid.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#14EndgamePosted 9/4/2011 6:51:31 PM
Zero Mission is a good Metroid, but it's not much of a remake at all

the first area is the same, but past that, it's pretty much completely new
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15Moondoggie35Posted 9/4/2011 6:55:25 PM
yoda2323 posted...
How does Zero Mission improve upon the original?

the biggest and most important change is that zero mission has a map
---
Servbot #12508
Gundam Extreme Vs. announced for PS3. That means I'm never getting a VITA