Since they're bringing some N64 games to the 3DS...

#11MattperdPosted 9/5/2011 9:18:27 AM
brStalker posted...
Mattperd posted...
I thought there was only 1 N64 remake on the 3DS with a second one coming tomorrow?

Where'd everyone get the idea the 3DS is getting all these remakes? The 3DS only has 5 (With 2 being debatable) remakes out've the like, 38 game library.

5?!? Only OoT and SF64 are remakes. They were rebuilt from the ground up. And Devil Survivor is just a port with new content (8th day). SSFIV is a port as well, and I don't know which one the last game you hinted at is.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II.
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#12brStalkerPosted 9/5/2011 9:21:04 AM
Mattperd posted...
brStalker posted...
Mattperd posted...
I thought there was only 1 N64 remake on the 3DS with a second one coming tomorrow?

Where'd everyone get the idea the 3DS is getting all these remakes? The 3DS only has 5 (With 2 being debatable) remakes out've the like, 38 game library.

5?!? Only OoT and SF64 are remakes. They were rebuilt from the ground up. And Devil Survivor is just a port with new content (8th day). SSFIV is a port as well, and I don't know which one the last game you hinted at is.

Oh, right. Blame me for never being into fighting games. Though that was more a new entry on a series than a port.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#13ryudin89Posted 9/5/2011 9:22:59 AM

This is also a port, but whatev's.
---
Thirst-quenching, well-seasoned, crunchy and yet chewy: We are the Elvis of snack food.-Lucis_Ferre
#14Dragard_Kaos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 9:26:35 AM
Mattperd posted...

I said that they're bring some N64 games to the 3DS. I never said it was getting a bunch of remakes >_>
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
Official Dragard of the GameFAQs boards.
#15r_m_8_8Posted 9/5/2011 9:31:07 AM
But it's not the first time people have mentioned this "trend" of porting N64 games to 3DS. A trend that started with Ocarina and ended with StarFox, with nothing in between.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#16MattperdPosted 9/5/2011 10:13:01 AM
Dragard_Kaos posted...
Mattperd posted...

I said that they're bring some N64 games to the 3DS. I never said it was getting a bunch of remakes >_>

I was just bringing in something that I'd ask in other topics like this but no real response, I apologize if I came off the wrong way.

ryudin89 posted...

This is also a port, but whatev's.

I can't think of a word that combines Ports and Remakes. I just went with remakes since they all added something and could be argued (NOT to start anything) remakes. Honestly, I hate the argument of it. So I'll keep my opinion out of it to avoid it.

There'll be a 6th one when Abyss comes out, but then it'd be 6 out've potentially 50 titles by then. Still, don't see how this label came to exist as the poster above me said "Started with OoT, ended with Star Fox."
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#17strongo9Posted 9/5/2011 11:17:26 AM
How about a new game?
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#18MattKornerPosted 9/5/2011 11:35:35 AM
There's a few games I'd like to see remade in 3D, but I really want brand new titles above all else. I'd rather just see a new F-Zero than an F-Zero X 3D. I liked the GX engine best. A new Zelda game would've been nice, too, considering all the different re-releases of the game in the past several years.
Now, if they had ported Super Mario Sunshine, or Metroid Prime: Hunters, that would be different.
But still, even a full dozen of N64 3D games wouldn't hurt over the next five years or so.
---
Why is Ixion the most hardcore metal Aeon ever?
Because he is a THUNDER HORSE!
#19pikachupwnagePosted 9/5/2011 12:59:09 PM
brStalker posted...
Lord_Yggdrassil posted...
A pokemon topic that doesn't involve remaking 2D games....i'm on board with this.

Pokemon Stadium was friggin AWESOME. loved the mini games.

I liked them, but nothing beats the Pokéathlon on HGSS.

I agree with both of ya
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. member of the ELN