Another wave of rumours regarding conference.

#51ORANGE666Posted 9/6/2011 5:12:58 PM
Bendilin posted...
Too bad Ace Attorney 5 and Monster Hunter 3DS would never be localized because Capcom has become a terrible company. They have no interest in releasing anything besides Resident Evil and fighting games outside of Japan now, unless they believe the game can sell five million copies.

Monster Hunter sells poorly outside Japan. Look at the PSP NA sales
#52DT-FoxPosted 9/6/2011 5:18:52 PM
Now those rumors sound more plausible than what we've been getting a few weeks ago.

I especially hope the eShop demos thing is real. Would've been nice to tide us over until actual release of more games.
---
Currently Let's Playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTFaux
#53Q_BERT101Posted 9/6/2011 5:25:15 PM
1. I never claimed they weren't fun. But you can't tell me they're "Current Gen." For Capcom they were cheap cash ins.

2. It would be better yes. Or they could've released the content as DLC. Theres a lot of ways they could've handled it.
Are you telling me you're completely fine with paying $60 for a game, then months later have a superior version of the game for $40? Because if you think thats good company practice then theres something wrong.

3. AA2 isn't getting an localization period. Thats been stated and I haven't argued against it.
Monster Hunter is hardly niche (especially in Japan), its a million+ copy title. Back in the day that was an easily money making number.
Not every game sells 5 million + Just because its under 5 million doesn't make it "niche." And what I would hardly call "dying" as MH wasn't a very known franchise in the US in the first place.
---
http://deadwinter.cc/

1 a cash in? say what? they are brand mew games!

2 oh yes dlc - lets hope for more pay dlc. and 4 more years of obamna while we are at it.

3 yup some games don't get localized. its a little thing called business. ppl big into niche japanese games tend to import and such. because they know that.
#54drothegreat0nePosted 9/6/2011 6:57:27 PM
1. Two, buckle my shoe

2. ???

3. 3
---
Pokemon Black - 4427-3709-9987
#55metroid00700Posted 9/7/2011 4:04:13 AM
TheNeoianOne posted...
1. How can something cheap and low effort as you say be better than Megaman games from the last decade that have taken a few years to make? I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Majora's Mask used the same exact engine and most sprites from OOT and it managed to be amazing, was that cheap as well since it reused an engine? What about DOOM 2 is that a cash-in?

Same reasons indie games can be good? The team behind them makes it good.
Big budget =/= good game nor does low budget = bad game.
Anyways, the judgement of 9 and 10's quality are beside the point.

No, you are just being selective on what constitutes a game being a cash-in. DOOM 2 and MM are cash-ins according to your logic, oh wait, they're not made by Capcom, nevermind, they are not cash-ins at all!
---
www.youtube.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET My Gaming Videos!
www.twitter.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET I game and type with my feet as well!
#56tremain07Posted 9/7/2011 4:54:19 AM
i hate capcom for not only screwing over Megaman fans but Resident Evil , Devil may cry and Darkstalker fans as well
---
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8512731/0%20ALL%20RM3.png
#57metroid00700Posted 9/7/2011 5:01:19 AM
tremain07 posted...
i hate capcom for not only screwing over Megaman fans but Resident Evil , Devil may cry and Darkstalker fans as well

Okay 5 REs in one year isn't enough for you? DMC is getting an HD Collection and a reboot, not sure what more you can ask for there. DS was hinted at in July, I'm sure it'll come out within a few years. Good job being another blind hater.
---
www.youtube.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET My Gaming Videos!
www.twitter.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET I game and type with my feet as well!
#58LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/7/2011 5:25:38 AM
Monster Hunter sells poorly outside Japan. Look at the PSP NA sales

Look at the sales of PSPs in NA.

The Wii version of MH sold quite well, IIRC.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009