Slide Pad crade attachement CONFIRMED (With Famitsu scan)

#121Dark_LawlPosted 9/6/2011 11:38:13 PM
Vyers posted...
ZeedDeimos posted...
I don't get you guys. Isn't something like good? Sure it looks laughable, but it brings a second circle pad. You already want a revision so you'll have to buy another system for $200? You don't to just spend another (presumably) $10-$20?

I'm gonna go with that other guy and just stay off this board for a while, trolls will be rampaging.

Because having an attachment will, in end, result in massive confusion between users over whether a game is compatible with the 3DS, assuming that is supports this accessory.

That isn't true. They can handle the analog add-on like they handled Motion+ - Just have the box of the game say it supports it.

However, I'm pissed that after spending $250+ tax, I now I have to spend another likely $10 to get this attachment. It'd be nice if it was free. Nintendo knows we deserve it for free, but I doubt they can afford that.
---
Gaming is going to die a second time.
#122VanderZooPosted 9/6/2011 11:39:57 PM
BlueStar81 posted...
Two analogue pads is an awful idea, but if it's just for a game I don't care about anyway then no problems.

No it's not, it's a great idea, that's why it's the industry standard for consoles. An analogue stick attachment, now that's an awful idea, it never should've been necessary in the first place because the 3DS should've had one to begin with.
---
Now trembled before your death. For be it my mask, or be it your blood, red will be the last color that you'll ever see.
#123VyersPosted 9/6/2011 11:40:39 PM
ZeedDeimos posted...
Vyers posted...
ZeedDeimos posted...
I don't get you guys. Isn't something like good? Sure it looks laughable, but it brings a second circle pad. You already want a revision so you'll have to buy another system for $200? You don't to just spend another (presumably) $10-$20?

I'm gonna go with that other guy and just stay off this board for a while, trolls will be rampaging.

Because having an attachment will, in end, result in massive confusion between users over whether a game is compatible with the 3DS, assuming that is supports this accessory.

That's why you are all in hate mode? No, it can't be. It's a rather insignificant problem. Really now, why don't you like this?

What is your problem, sir? I am not in hate mode. I think you are misinterpreting legitimate criticism as "hate".

Anyway, I must point out that you are failing miserably right now. You see, after I answer your question of why it would be a bother, you replied with "no, that don't count" or "no, ain't good enough". No why, of course - the most important aspect of your reply.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#124Links_Big_KeyPosted 9/6/2011 11:41:03 PM
I guess Ben Heck won't need to make a portable N64 now. Although if he did attach a screen to a N64, he would probably make it look better than this.
#125BlueStar81Posted 9/6/2011 11:43:44 PM
Two analogue sticks are for things like FPS and 3rd person shooters, games which don't work well on a tiny screen and which we already have a glut of on home consoles. The PSP flopped because it provided a stripped down experience of what you had at home. The DS flourished because it had unique experiences that you couldn't get anywhere else, games like pokemon, Nintendogs, picross, Layton, Phoenix Wright, Brain Training. if you like those games or not, they're something different worth buying a system for to many people, not just a way of getting your space marine fix in tiny-vision on the way home instead of when you get home.

If dual analogue means we get, say, 3rd person rather than top-down RPGs, it's a bad move for the handheld industry.
#126VyersPosted 9/6/2011 11:47:30 PM
BlueStar81 posted...
Two analogue sticks are for things like FPS and 3rd person shooters, games which don't work well on a tiny screen and which we already have a glut of on home consoles. The PSP flopped because it provided a stripped down experience of what you had at home. The DS flourished because it had unique experiences that you couldn't get anywhere else, games like pokemon, Nintendogs, picross, Layton, Phoenix Wright, Brain Training. if you like those games or not, they're something different worth buying a system for to many people, not just a way of getting your space marine fix in tiny-vision on the way home instead of when you get home.

If dual analogue means we get, say, 3rd person rather than top-down RPGs, it's a bad move for the handheld industry.

Do you think that Square Enix will be debating between making Dragon Quest XI for 3DS or Space Marine Quest?
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#127BlueStar81Posted 9/6/2011 11:57:11 PM
I think that if you have an over-powered handheld with dual nubs that companies are going to be debating if they should create a handheld game or just port their console games.
#128seb03Posted 9/7/2011 5:53:58 AM
Nnamz posted...
As sad as I am to say this, it's about time I did......

Nintendo should just kill the 3DS and start over with a new branded portable with decent power and two sticks. The massive price drop and now this are obvious signs of Nintendo freaking out at the negative buzz their getting and the positive buzz Vita is getting. "You like Vita's price?? Well look! We're cheaper now!!" "You like Vita's sticks??? Well look! We have two as well now!!! Do you like us yet?!?!?!?!?!?!"

This.
The 3DS is failing and Nintendo are literally strapping things onto the console to help it sell. It is a good wake up call for Nintendo, next time try to release games that we haven't played over 10 years ago and don't rely on a gimmick to sell your console because when it doesn't work you'll have nothing else.
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#129FunkyKong84Posted 9/7/2011 6:05:28 AM
seb03 posted...
don't rely on a gimmick to sell your console because when it doesn't work you'll have nothing else.

So true. It's called depth and Nintendo had none of it when it comes to 3DS. I hope it won't be like that for WiiU too.
#130the_cajun88Posted 9/7/2011 6:08:16 AM
And there is a patent regarding the Move that is from 2002.

Nintendo ripping off Sony, how pathetic.

Nintendo began development on the Wii and Wii controller in 2001.
---
The University of Tennessee FTW
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/the_cajun88/Josephthesnowman.gif