Just think of the 2nd analog stick like a Wii Motion Plus

#1guncrashdxPosted 9/7/2011 5:38:15 AM
It starts off as a simple inexpensive addon and eventually will automatically be added to the original product.

I saw no complaints to the Wii Motion Plus addon....
---
My name is guncrashdx, but you can just call me TC.
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 9/7/2011 5:41:08 AM
Not just an analog stick.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#3ss_beelzebubPosted 9/7/2011 5:45:09 AM
why not compare it to a nunchuk...
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 9/7/2011 5:45:57 AM
So basically an addition that should've been included in the original product?
---
GT: McPoo
#5ChronosknightPosted 9/7/2011 5:47:29 AM
guncrashdx posted...
It starts off as a simple inexpensive addon and eventually will automatically be added to the original product.

Yes, though when it was added into the original product you didn't have to buy an entire new console. Has anyone tried to use the wiimote sideways with the wii motion plus attachment on it? It's awkward and uncomfortable.
#6trenkenPosted 9/7/2011 5:50:50 AM
mcsmellington posted...

Yes. Like the Wii not having 1:1 control, the 3DS was flawed from the start.

And like the Wii, Sony then announced a motion controller with 1:1 control. Nintendo follows with an add on, then starts building it into the WiiMote.

Then Sony announced the Vita with a 2nd stick. Nintendo follows with an add on, then start building it in to the 3DS.

Patterns are fun.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#7EoinPosted 9/7/2011 5:52:34 AM
guncrashdx posted...

Neither the Wii nor its peripherals were designed to be portable devices.

The 3DS was designed that way, and this changes the nature of its portability.

It's also happening much earlier in the machine's life, and I would argue that it's likely that it will be used by a lot more games that require it, especially when Nintendo (inevitably) incorporate the second stick into a redesign of the 3DS.
#8royalhunter6191Posted 9/7/2011 5:53:59 AM
Nintendo actually announced wii motion plus before Sony unannounced move. As for the 2nd analog stick, there's one main point that makes it worse than wii motion plus:

The second analog stick awkwardly alleviates the problem of need another analog stick, yes, but it makes even worse the complaint that the hardware is clumsy and bulky. I doubt it'll help with battery life, either.
---
No one cares what console you think is best. There's more to life, than cheerleading videogames, kiddo.
#9pikachupwnagePosted 9/7/2011 5:57:13 AM
trenken posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Yes. Like the Wii not having 1:1 control, the 3DS was flawed from the start.

And like the Wii, Sony then announced a motion controller with 1:1 control. Nintendo follows with an add on, then starts building it into the WiiMote.

Then Sony announced the Vita with a 2nd stick. Nintendo follows with an add on, then start building it in to the 3DS.

Patterns are fun.

hmm sony copys nintendo so nintendo upgrades. thats quite a pattern. And nintendo's doing the addon cause everyone is begging for one.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. Check out brawl in the family at keenspot.com for some awesome Smash bros comics member of the ELN
#10paulinkPosted 9/7/2011 5:57:14 AM
Do you know why there were no complaints? Because there were NO GAMES that were worth buying that utilized the wii motion plus. The first (and probably last) must buy game that uses the WM+ will be skyward sword.
---
"Wow, you must be the pinnacle of human conscience."-CEs_EFG
RIP TREES