So basically the first round of Nintendo handhelds is always a cash pillage?

#1peteydifPosted 9/7/2011 6:15:07 AM
Taking money from the most loyal fans who will buy anything with a Nintendo sticker on it?

Might as well wait for the 3DSi or 3DSlite.
#2DT-FoxPosted 9/7/2011 6:17:30 AM
If you wanna look at it so negatively, sure. But that can be said about almost every other electronic, too.

Though I don't condone such efforts, business is business. Now if they extort us to get that 2nd analogue, THEN we gon' have some problems.
---
Currently Let's Playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTFaux
#3The Hero Of TimePosted 9/7/2011 6:17:35 AM
Good, you do that. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy playing my many games on my 3DS.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#4the_cajun88Posted 9/7/2011 6:18:41 AM
3DSi?

This thing already has cameras.
---
The University of Tennessee FTW
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/the_cajun88/Josephthesnowman.gif
#5peteydif(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 6:20:06 AM
DT-Fox posted...
If you wanna look at it so negatively, sure. But that can be said about almost every other electronic, too.

Though I don't condone such efforts, business is business. Now if they extort us to get that 2nd analogue, THEN we gon' have some problems.

I figure this is not something Nintendo's going to ship out for free. That's why I assume it will suck.

$250 system for most + cost of attachment + cost of 1 game = $300+ for a handheld Nintendo system.

Also, I already have a 3DS and am enjoying OOT 3D but it seems Nintendo is always screwing over the most loyal of their customers.
#6FourthFrenchHenPosted 9/7/2011 6:22:35 AM
Good, you do that. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy playing my many games on my 3DS.

And Nintendo is going to enjoy ripping you off.

It's a great relationship.
#7LinetrixPosted 9/7/2011 6:27:40 AM
FourthFrenchHen posted...

And Nintendo is going to enjoy ripping you off.

It's a great relationship.

Lollin...

I wonder what's gonna happen to the 3DS now. Nintendo games will obviously give you the choice to play them without the add on, but third parties won't be bothered to make 2 versions of games so early adopters will be able to play them. In this case early adopters got served big time.

Or, in scenario 2, this add on is the final nail in 3DS' coffin and early adopters will be the majority of 3DS owners, which means third parties won't be interested in it and forcing Nintendo to completely dump the 3DS and going for a new handheld. In this case early adopters got served big time.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#8trenkenPosted 9/7/2011 6:36:15 AM
peteydif posted...
Taking money from the most loyal fans who will buy anything with a Nintendo sticker on it?

Might as well wait for the 3DSi or 3DSlite.

Gaming has always been this way. Actually technology in general is. You buy something when it first comes out, there's always something better right around the corner.

You want to be an early adopter, well thats fine, but you go in knowing that it will be redesigned at some point.

Right now we only know about an attachment, but you know they will release a redesign with this built in. Maybe not this year, but it WILL happen. Only way I see it not happening if the system itself completely tanks and is abandoned.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#9DrkVrtxPosted 9/7/2011 6:40:06 AM
I have to wonder how many people will look at what Nintendo is doing with the 3DS and decide to wait out the 1st year of Wii U, because that's exactly what I'm doing. I honestly do not trust Nintendo to get things right first time round anymore. If this becomes a mandatory add-on or a redesign is announced, I will be selling this thing in a heartbeat and setting aside handheld gaming completely.
---
Tachikomas are the best characters in any anime. Ever.
so i herd u liek taking over 9000 hobbits to isengard to find out why all the rum's gone