A brief look at Nintendo's handheld legacy (Unbiased, Pros and Cons)

#11CHEEEESEMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 1:46:18 PM
kingdumbfarts posted...
Biased look at the 3DS:

2011 Nintendo 3DS - A terrible excuse for a piece of crap handheld offering "glasses free (but not headache free) 3D (more like 2.5D since the 3D sucks)" and also the ability to take horrible quality 2.5D pictures. It also provided more control in the form of a slide pad or circle pad, but they were too damn dumb to add a second for dual analog control. The 3DS provided access to the Nintendo eShop which is an upgraded version of their DSiWare shop, yet it still sucks. The 3DS has been plagued by a slow game release schedule and sales suffered leading to an unprecedented 33% price drop only 5-6 months after initial release (because it sucks). And now the latest news is that Nintendo will be releasing a horribly clunky and stupid add-on peripheral to add a second slide pad. Which is projected to suck.

Die Nintendo. Die.

You would do a wonderful job as a FOX News Interview Editor in my opinion.
---
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA
#12MrFwibblesPosted 9/7/2011 2:20:59 PM
TC is missing a lot of important facts here, such as the GBP having a clearer screen with no blurring and taking less batteries, the SP introducing a rechargeable battery, the GBA SP+ with brighter backlit screen as opposed to frontlit, the fact that the DSi removed backwards compatibility with the GBA, 3DS is region locked, etc.

BTW that headphone adapter for the SP costs about $3. It's hardly a big deal.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
#13Dark_LawlPosted 9/7/2011 2:30:15 PM
kingdumbfarts posted...
Biased look at the 3DS:

2011 Nintendo 3DS - A terrible excuse for a piece of crap handheld offering "glasses free (but not headache free) 3D (more like 2.5D since the 3D sucks)" and also the ability to take horrible quality 2.5D pictures. It also provided more control in the form of a slide pad or circle pad, but they were too damn dumb to add a second for dual analog control. The 3DS provided access to the Nintendo eShop which is an upgraded version of their DSiWare shop, yet it still sucks. The 3DS has been plagued by a slow game release schedule and sales suffered leading to an unprecedented 33% price drop only 5-6 months after initial release (because it sucks). And now the latest news is that Nintendo will be releasing a horribly clunky and stupid add-on peripheral to add a second slide pad. Which is projected to suck.

Die Nintendo. Die.

I couldn't help but laugh
---
Gaming is going to die a second time.
#14CHEEEESEMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 2:40:50 PM
Annoyboy posted...
TC is missing a lot of important facts here, such as the GBP having a clearer screen with no blurring and taking less batteries, the SP introducing a rechargeable battery, the GBA SP+ with brighter backlit screen as opposed to frontlit, the fact that the DSi removed backwards compatibility with the GBA, 3DS is region locked, etc.

BTW that headphone adapter for the SP costs about $3. It's hardly a big deal.

You're right, I did forget those things. However I did write this off the top of my head so excuse me if I missed a few things. Although the GBA SP's rechargeable battery is a pretty huge improvement. I completely forgot about the GBA SP+, probably because it received no marketing at all and I never even knew it was released until about a year ago.
---
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA