ITT: People who aren't poor 18 year olds who think $250 is a lot of money

#1forest_wandererPosted 9/8/2011 1:34:34 AM(edited)
EDIT: I wish I could change the topic to "poor high school/college students" instead of "18 year olds". My bad.

This isn't a troll topic. I'm just curious to see if anyone else feels the way I do, in that they never felt cheated or ripped off or anything since $250 isn't really a lot of money when you're an adult, out of college, with a job. Especially when it's for a one-time purchase will last at VERY minimum a year.

Anyone else in the same boat as me, in that they just don't care?
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#2magicaltopPosted 9/8/2011 1:26:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3stromvancouverPosted 9/8/2011 1:27:42 AM
I am a full grown adult, and I don't pretend spending $250 on something I could have for $170 is no big deal. With that said, I do like my 3DS. The gameFAQs 3DS message board is another story...
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
Official Uragaan of the Monster Hunter TriG Boards
#4forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 1:28:53 AM
I actually dislike Apple and all their products. I have an HP, a Zune, and a Motorola, so there goes that theory.
---
#5capgamerPosted 9/8/2011 1:30:48 AM(edited)
It feels like a lot of money when you don't make a lot at your job working fast food and you're going to college when summer ends.

But I spent it because gaming is my much beloved hobby and I thought that the 3DS was going to be an amazing system. So far it's been a string of disappointments (price drop, analog add-on), with a couple of glitters of gold (amazing 3D effects in OOT and Nintendo Video, free games). I would like to say I'm optimistic but Nintendo keeps trying to crush that optimism out of me.

EDIT: NVM I thought your topic said 16 year olds. I'm 22 so I guess I still fall into the 18 year old poor kid category
---
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki
#6GencoilPosted 9/8/2011 1:32:18 AM
I can't really relate to a lot of the people who post here. I had no problem whatsoever paying what I did for the 3DS. And as far as I'm concerned, the ambassador games are just a really nice bonus and I'm very thankful for them.
---
www.klustr.net || Mega Man Legends 3 revival campaign: www.legends3.com || PSN: Gencoil || 3DS: 1848-1656-3420 (PM me! I have SSF43D)
#7forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 1:32:19 AM
Hmm... actually, I should've written "poor high school/college students" since that better encompasses the whole part time drag thing. My bad, I apologize.
---
#8PendragoonPosted 9/8/2011 1:34:39 AM
I don't think that $250 is a lot of money, but I do believe that you need to get your money's worth, which I didn't feel when I had a 3DS (returned it after 2 weeks)

I bought a PS3 for $600 + 2 games at $60 each a few months after launch (2 weeks before the $100 pricedrop was announced) Still feel that it was my most value packed purchase game wise.
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Live = PENDRAG00N
#9forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 1:37:54 AM
Ah see now I think that's where I personally draw the line, the PS3 I felt was too expensive. I would say anything material over $350 is like a lot of money to spend.
---
#10capgamerPosted 9/8/2011 1:41:36 AM
I think it's all relative. If you buy, say, a gallon of milk on the USA for like 8 bucks, that's very pricy and a lot to spend for milk. (usually runs like 2-5 dollars)
---
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki