ITT: People who aren't poor 18 year olds who think $250 is a lot of money

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. ITT: People who aren't poor 18 year olds who think $250 is a lot of money

User Info: ObjectiveLogic

ObjectiveLogic
5 years ago#1
EDIT: I wish I could change the topic to "poor high school/college students" instead of "18 year olds". My bad.

This isn't a troll topic. I'm just curious to see if anyone else feels the way I do, in that they never felt cheated or ripped off or anything since $250 isn't really a lot of money when you're an adult, out of college, with a job. Especially when it's for a one-time purchase will last at VERY minimum a year.

Anyone else in the same boat as me, in that they just don't care?
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
(message deleted)

User Info: stromvancouver

stromvancouver
5 years ago#3
I am a full grown adult, and I don't pretend spending $250 on something I could have for $170 is no big deal. With that said, I do like my 3DS. The gameFAQs 3DS message board is another story...
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
Official Uragaan of the Monster Hunter TriG Boards

ObjectiveLogic
5 years ago#4
I actually dislike Apple and all their products. I have an HP, a Zune, and a Motorola, so there goes that theory.

User Info: capgamer

capgamer
5 years ago#5
It feels like a lot of money when you don't make a lot at your job working fast food and you're going to college when summer ends.

But I spent it because gaming is my much beloved hobby and I thought that the 3DS was going to be an amazing system. So far it's been a string of disappointments (price drop, analog add-on), with a couple of glitters of gold (amazing 3D effects in OOT and Nintendo Video, free games). I would like to say I'm optimistic but Nintendo keeps trying to crush that optimism out of me.

EDIT: NVM I thought your topic said 16 year olds. I'm 22 so I guess I still fall into the 18 year old poor kid category
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki

User Info: Gencoil

Gencoil
5 years ago#6
I can't really relate to a lot of the people who post here. I had no problem whatsoever paying what I did for the 3DS. And as far as I'm concerned, the ambassador games are just a really nice bonus and I'm very thankful for them.
www.klustr.net || Mega Man Legends 3 revival campaign: www.legends3.com || PSN: Gencoil || 3DS: 1848-1656-3420 (PM me! I have SSF43D)

ObjectiveLogic
5 years ago#7
Hmm... actually, I should've written "poor high school/college students" since that better encompasses the whole part time drag thing. My bad, I apologize.

User Info: Pendragoon

Pendragoon
5 years ago#8
I don't think that $250 is a lot of money, but I do believe that you need to get your money's worth, which I didn't feel when I had a 3DS (returned it after 2 weeks)

I bought a PS3 for $600 + 2 games at $60 each a few months after launch (2 weeks before the $100 pricedrop was announced) Still feel that it was my most value packed purchase game wise.
PSN = Pendragoongp
Live = PENDRAG00N

ObjectiveLogic
5 years ago#9
Ah see now I think that's where I personally draw the line, the PS3 I felt was too expensive. I would say anything material over $350 is like a lot of money to spend.

User Info: capgamer

capgamer
5 years ago#10
I think it's all relative. If you buy, say, a gallon of milk on the USA for like 8 bucks, that's very pricy and a lot to spend for milk. (usually runs like 2-5 dollars)
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. ITT: People who aren't poor 18 year olds who think $250 is a lot of money

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived