ITT: People who aren't poor 18 year olds who think $250 is a lot of money

#111TediousMattPosted 9/12/2011 1:53:17 AM
rvnender posted...
Have you not been reading the topic? Most of the people are saying money is no object.

Just saying with the way most people are playing it, the US economy is fine.

Me personally, I am fine with money. I just think the 3DS is a waste.

Inflation. Money just isn't worth as much as it was five years ago. Weekly groceries cost more, monthly expenses are larger and I have less expendable income in general. But I take my hobbies into account and I set money aside in advance. I've already started saving for a new console.

I just don't see 250 as a huge investment if I expect to replace it five years from now. My washing machine, oven, microwave and even furniture cost more to replace. I still own and use all my old consoles from twenty years ago, they have outlasted all the other household investments.

Even if I use it a tenth as much as my DS, then I will definitely get my money's worth out of this handheld.
---
Yuji Kaido hates black people. And it makes Jesus cry. T^T
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif
#112BraveAdolPosted 9/12/2011 7:21:09 AM
rvnender posted...
TediousMatt posted...
rvnender posted...
After reading thus thread I have no idea how the economy is as bad as they say it is. Everybody seems to be swimming in money.

ITT: saving 250 bucks for a videogame system means you're swimming in money.

Anybody who plays games should be able to save that with ease between the price announcement and the actual launch. If saving 10-20 bucks a month isn't economically viable, then you should find a cheaper hobby. Gaming is my cheapest hobby and 250 is a moot expense.

Have you not been reading the topic? Most of the people are saying money is no object.

Just saying with the way most people are playing it, the US economy is fine.

Me personally, I am fine with money. I just think the 3DS is a waste.

Wow you're right! I can't believe that so much widespread fiscal irresponsibility has not bred a healthy economy in recent times. I think its time to quit your job and become an economist

Also this topic is even funnier when you remember that even the creator of the 3DS hardware literally thought that 250 was too much to ask for it
---
Read my comics @ http://thejaystack.tumblr.com (Tell your friends!)
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#113JP_SartrePosted 9/12/2011 7:52:33 AM(edited)
I'm 48, have a job and a disabled wife on SSD. I personally find $250 to be a lot for a hand held system, especially one with so many issues with the release model. I rarley ever buy release units- Most times I've been burned:

* Atari LYNX
* Sega CD
* Sega GameGear
* Sega Dreamcast
* Nintendo DS

From the above, only the DS did not disapoint. Arguably, the Dreamcast had a 22-game release and all in all was a toss-up.

Unless the 3DS gets a HUGE revision, I'll play out my DS backlog and wait & see how the Sony Vita release goes. From what I've seen, I'll take a super sharp AMOLED screen over blurry, ghosty 3DS screen. I thin N has made a HUGE mistake with the 3DS. Not on the scale of the VB, but I really don't think it will be able to compete with the Vita's specs as things stand.

Like I said- Wait and see. I won't get burned again.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#114SilinelPosted 9/12/2011 8:17:44 AM
*clap clap clap*

Sagely wisdom from a generation that precedes most of our own. Tell 'em like it is, Pops.
---
"People who boast about IQs are losers." - Stephen Hawking
#115rogue_agentXPosted 9/12/2011 2:27:09 PM
I'm not rich, but I'm not too worried too much about this amount because I spend some time on the Internet to make extra cash and get some gift vouchers - they really help me in cutting the cost of the products I buy.
#116forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 3:08:36 PM
TediousMatt posted...
rvnender posted...
After reading thus thread I have no idea how the economy is as bad as they say it is. Everybody seems to be swimming in money.

ITT: saving 250 bucks for a videogame system means you're swimming in money.

Anybody who plays games should be able to save that with ease between the price announcement and the actual launch. If saving 10-20 bucks a month isn't economically viable, then you should find a cheaper hobby. Gaming is my cheapest hobby and 250 is a moot expense.

THANK YOU.

Again, i'll say it one more time. if money is tight for you, if $250 as an investment seems like it will break the bank, video games are not the right hobby for you.

honestly, if you have to decide between partaking in a non-constructive, purely entertainment-based hobby, or comfortably meeting your daily expenses, you shouldn't be thinking about the decision period. video games are expensive, all electronics are expensive. you should only be buying them if you have money on the side.

ESPECIALLY considering the nature of the hobby allows you to go back and enjoy older games you already own, or purchase older ones for pocket change.

Simply put, video games are somewhat of a luxury. If $60 every few weeks is breaking the bank, you shouldn't be buying them.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.