Just out of curiosity What do people think of my 3DS review?

#31pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 12:52:02 PM
mcsmellington posted...
To be fair, you do come across as a fanboy; both in your review and on the message boards. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, but it does seem to influence your review a bit. Giving the 3DS library 8.5 is a bit much, especially when you admit it's lacklustre, and you seem to be basing it mainly on games that are eventually coming out.

8.5 I said it WAS lacklustre and now is shaping up and I gave it bonus points for having massive potentail.
---
3DS boards home to worlds largest population of trolls and whiners. Pikachu used logic on wild troll! it had no effect! member of the ELN
#32CagebladePosted 9/8/2011 12:55:23 PM
nintendogger posted...
Cageblade posted...
Completely not biased at all, no sir.

That's what reviews are. Biased opinions.

That's what bad reviews are.

Good review should perceive the reviewed subject in overall perspective.

Is 3DS (objectively speaking) a 10/10 now?
Is it really a system that has everything perfectly going for it warranting a perfect score?

Definitely not, maybe in the future, but currently the system has flaws both in the R&D section and overall support of the system from Nintendo and 3rd parties.

I am not going to write a review here, I just wanted to say that no matter what you think currently 3DS doesn't deserve a 10/10 score.
---
Browser:Error 404
#33nintendoggerPosted 9/8/2011 12:58:14 PM
Cageblade posted...

Is it really a system that has everything perfectly going for it warranting a perfect score?

Definitely not, maybe in the future, but currently the system has flaws both in the R&D section and overall support of the system from Nintendo and 3rd parties.

I am not going to write a review here, I just wanted to say that no matter what you think currently 3DS doesn't deserve a 10/10 score.

While I agree somewhat, it's clear I'm not talking to someone from a newspaper staff.

I'm not going to fight with you about what the reviewer said, and you're right, because a review is basically a recommendation, however, you only use personal experience in a review. Only. If all of his experience lead to that score, than the system gets that score.
---
"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~ Dr. Seuss
Official NDF President
#34mcsmellingtonPosted 9/8/2011 1:03:55 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
mcsmellington posted...
To be fair, you do come across as a fanboy; both in your review and on the message boards. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, but it does seem to influence your review a bit. Giving the 3DS library 8.5 is a bit much, especially when you admit it's lacklustre, and you seem to be basing it mainly on games that are eventually coming out.

8.5 I said it WAS lacklustre and now is shaping up and I gave it bonus points for having massive potentail.

That's what I mean though, most people would admit that at the time the review was written, the lineup was mostly crap. This may just be me, but an 8.5 suggests 'Great, bordering on excellent'. I just don't think you can judge the games lineup of a new console, almost entirely based on what's coming. You could say the same for any console; 'Well, there's not much out right now, but it has the potential to be great'.
---
GT: McPoo
#35mcsmellingtonPosted 9/8/2011 1:06:02 PM
Wynters387 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Just remember haters do the same biased stuff. Where something deserves a 6.0 they give it a 1

That's true, and it's annoying. Equally annoying though are people who are blatantly 'fanboys', and giving Nintendo full marks when it's quite clear they aren't due. I personally try to be fair, despite me not being very pleased with the 3DS, or the way in which Nintendo has handled it. I give them credit where it's due, but will make it clear that there is a lot they've done badly.
---
GT: McPoo
#36pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 1:10:28 PM
Cageblade posted...
nintendogger posted...
Cageblade posted...
Completely not biased at all, no sir.

That's what reviews are. Biased opinions.

I would've given it a 9.5/10 but gamefaqs won't let you use decimals
---
3DS boards home to worlds largest population of trolls and whiners. Pikachu used logic on wild troll! it had no effect! member of the ELN
#37pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 1:16:59 PM
mcsmellington posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
mcsmellington posted...

That's what I mean though, most people would admit that at the time the review was written, the lineup was mostly crap. This may just be me, but an 8.5 suggests 'Great, bordering on excellent'. I just don't think you can judge the games lineup of a new console, almost entirely based on what's coming. You could say the same for any console; 'Well, there's not much out right now, but it has the potential to be great'.

I orginally gave the software a 9 when i first wrote it but even with it getting better decided to sligtly lower it.
---