Is 3DS more compatible with Wi-Fi than DS and DS Lite?

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 9/8/2011 12:32:18 PM
A major issue I have on my DS systems is that I can almost never get them to connect to a Wi-Fi signal that I haven't adjusted while spending about an hour with a tech support agent.
---
"There is no escape, John!"
#2Lord_FroodPosted 9/8/2011 12:39:01 PM
Yes, 3DS supports WPA as well as WEP. Probably the problem that was potentially perplexing you.
---
Official Barioth of the Monster Hunter Tri G board
#3BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 4:18:10 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Yes, 3DS supports WPA as well as WEP. Probably the problem that was potentially perplexing you.

Perpl... At libraries, hotels, airports, coffee shops, and other such places that offer free Wi-Fi, I cannot connect with my DSs. I'm interested in the Netflix application so I can watch Netflix on the road without always having to open up my bulky laptop that can almost cook my lap.
---
#4NyyarkPosted 9/8/2011 4:23:12 PM
It also has a web browser so you can authenticate from some website's login splash pages on the 3DS.
#5BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 4:28:43 PM
Nyyark posted...
It also has a web browser so you can authenticate from some website's login splash pages on the 3DS.

That also helps.
*Looks at Nyyark's name.*
I know it's a stretch, but it still reminds me of...
http://www.silvergames.com/nyan-cat
---
#6BrianCraigSmithPosted 9/8/2011 5:58:34 PM
What type of DS systems do you have because the original or Lite can't do Netflix.
#7Starwars4JPosted 9/8/2011 6:02:22 PM
BrianCraigSmith posted...
What type of DS systems do you have because the original or Lite can't do Netflix.

Did anyone say they could? No.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 7:53:41 PM
Starwars4J posted...

Did anyone say they could? No.

Relax.

I have a silver DS and a blue/black DS Lite. I haven't gotten a 3DS yet, and Netflix streaming is one of the features I'm interested in, in case I ever do get a 3DS or the potential next 3DS model with the second "slider" pad (and hopefully a slight rise in the location of the d-pad).
---