IGN's take on the 2nd analog

#1hydra_dragonPosted 9/8/2011 2:20:07 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192737p1.html

It's certainly reasonable to use the touch pad as a fix for this dilemma. Using some sort of stylus can go a long way in simulating that second input. However doing that introduces limitations. Holding the system becomes awkward, and plenty of buttons become cut out of the equation. Sure, it's technically feasible, but when the Vita has a clear cut, more direct solution, the 3DS has a much smaller margin of error.

I pretty much agree with them.
---
Godzilla for President 2012!
#2Blood_NightsPosted 9/8/2011 2:20:58 PM
For once, agreed, but I still won't be wasting the money on a Vita.
---
I smell of cheap cigarettes and Whiskey. Can you blame me?
#3fire2boxPosted 9/8/2011 2:23:12 PM(edited)
Only haters find using a slider pad and a stylus hard. Thus IGN are haters.

This is how nintendo fanboy's will react.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#4BladinPosted 9/8/2011 2:23:50 PM
or maybe its because while stylus can be accurate and work decently, its still not as comfortable and enjoyable as dual stick?

just a thought.
#5silenthill4vidPosted 9/8/2011 2:25:55 PM
yeah, good article. but im getting vita anyway, can't accept a region locked handheld.
#6hydra_dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 2:30:49 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
yeah, good article. but im getting vita anyway, can't accept a region locked handheld.

So the Vita is confirmed to be region free?
---
Godzilla for President 2012!
#7Freakwave003Posted 9/8/2011 2:32:22 PM
hydra_dragon posted...
silenthill4vid posted...

So the Vita is confirmed to be region free?

Yeah
#8Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 9/8/2011 2:32:36 PM
fire2box posted...

It's like IGN said, it's possible to play games using the touchscreen, it's just not the best. This is what a lot of us "whiners" have been telling the die-hard fans, they just refuse to listen if the subject has anything to do with 'change.' Anyway, who cares how Nintendo fans will react: nothing will ever please those guys anyway, unless they get a chance to disprove a valuable rumor.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a
#9LightHawKnightPosted 9/8/2011 2:33:43 PM

Hmm it seems that is how sony fanboys are reacting. So far most Nintendo fans are saying the second circle pad is useless since you can't use a stylus at the same time, or is gets pretty annoying to do so.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#10MarsfordPosted 9/8/2011 2:40:59 PM
As a Nintendo fan, I have to agree. I never liked the concept of using the circle pad and the stylus, it's just weird IMO.
---
Right now you are reading my signature. Was it worth it? I have just wasted 10 seconds of your life. I find joy in randomly wasting people's time.