I wish nintendo would get there handheld designs right the first time around

#1blackweasel30Posted 9/10/2011 11:41:33 PM
It's annoying knowing they will remake the 3DS when I was planning to get one in a week after the press conference.
---
Created by vT_Paroxysm AKA Wivode: http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztaxag.png
Come visit my board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/566160-
#2player_threePosted 9/10/2011 11:46:12 PM
You don't have to get the re-design. Besides Nothing is "perfect" the first time around. Something will come up which could be added to something to improve it after it's finished.
---
Aquatic Ambiance: Now that's some serious make-out music.
#3Blue_IronPosted 9/10/2011 11:46:48 PM
There is no redesign
Get your facts right before you spout such nonesense!
---
You kids always talking about little Timmy
One of these days he's gonna get mad that people are talking behind his back like that -BraveAdol
#4derekfishbowlPosted 9/10/2011 11:49:10 PM
Probably won't see a redesign for another 12-18 months, mostly for a better battery.
#5fire2boxPosted 9/10/2011 11:55:42 PM
derekfishbowl posted...
Probably won't see a redesign for another 12-18 months, mostly for a better battery.

Yeah, the whole slider pad add-on thing surely won'tyt speed any efforts along. Plus the whole thing about people not really digging 3D at all.

3D movies have been on a deline.
3DTV's and phones haven't sold well and lack 3D content. Even 3D blurays seem finnicky on what TV's they work on.
Then Nintendo saying people 6 and under shouldn't used the 3D and people getting sick from 3DS.

Yeah, no reason for redesign/relaunch at all.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#6FivePoundNotePosted 9/11/2011 1:12:22 AM
Erm, it's not just Nintendo, and it's not just handhelds.
#7DT-FoxPosted 9/11/2011 1:28:45 AM
FivePoundNote posted...
Erm, it's not just Nintendo, and it's not just handhelds.

Yeah, I was gonna say that sometimes planned revisions is all according to a company's plan... But its hard to say that out loud without people coming to the oh-so-common conclusion that, "OMG! They're preying on us! All businesses are EVIL!!".

TC, no doubt a new revision is gonna come, but you have to figure if its worth the wait. For all we know, the new revision could come as soon as January or as late as Holiday 2012 or even later. Its good to take your time figuring out what you really want, but don't wait so long.

Otherwise you'll finally pick up a 3DS and when you least suspect it, Nintendo's gonna make their revision announcement and you'll be RIGHT BACK on GameFAQs getting mad that Nintendo screwed you. V:
---
Currently Let's Playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTFaux
#8leeko_linkPosted 9/11/2011 1:46:25 AM
"I wish nintendo would get there handheld designs right the first time around"

Not everything could be done right the first time even for a game, console, or handheld. When a product is created, it'll likely had a few flaws somewhere. The only thing is Nintendo corrected their handhelds whenever a flaw or complaint is found, then they re-design it and re-release for the better. Remember the GBA, it had a darker screen and was scratchy plus it runs on very cheap batteries, Nintendo then made the GBA SP to solve the battery and screen problems.

You should be glad that Nintendo re-design of their handhelds, remember Sega and the Game Gear, how many versions of the Game Gear are there so we don't have to constantly buy AAs batteries for the thing let alone had a screen that isn't blurry or pixelated? Well there's only one and it's not a perfect one either, since there are no re-designs you are stuck with just that one. That doesn't happen with Nintendo's handhelds, if you bought a handheld that sucks, well re-sell it and buy a better one.
#9Mario_BonesPosted 9/11/2011 2:10:41 AM
fire2box posted...
derekfishbowl posted...

Yeah, the whole slider pad add-on thing surely won'tyt speed any efforts along. Plus the whole thing about people not really digging 3D at all.

3D movies have been on a deline.
3DTV's and phones haven't sold well and lack 3D content. Even 3D blurays seem finnicky on what TV's they work on.
Then Nintendo saying people 6 and under shouldn't used the 3D and people getting sick from 3DS.

Yeah, no reason for redesign/relaunch at all.

No, an optional add-on won't make a redesign more likely, neither will a small amount of people who for some reason want a non-3D 3DS when there's a funny little slider that lets you turn the 3D off. Not to mention that Nintendo have said from the beginning that they're not forcing developers to utilise 3D in their games,
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#10FoofyheadPosted 9/11/2011 5:31:28 AM
I wish GF users would get their pronoun spellings right the first time around.
---
I get money so I do's what I pleases.
I live where the pools and the trees is.