I have a feeling that the 3DS is much more powerful than we think

#1AncientAstroPosted 9/12/2011 6:24:47 AM
I doubt the PSP can even hold a candle to the 3DS remasterings of Zelda OOT and Star Fox 64. What do you guys think? Some of the game trailers look on par with Vita games that we've seen.
#2brStalkerPosted 9/12/2011 6:27:28 AM
It's too early in the systm's life too see what it is really capable of.

Though RE: Revelations seems to be using proper processing power from the 3DS
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#3blablablax17Posted 9/12/2011 6:27:32 AM
well no doubt its more powerful than the psp =p
but i think the 3ds's best looking/ most powerful game can look as good as a decently powerful or good looking as a vita game
#4Lump1700Posted 9/12/2011 6:29:39 AM
It's about as powerful as people expect. Around gamecube gfx in output with some nicer than wii built in textures and shaders. It is however limited by its screen resolution, but I'd say it is common knowledge it is more powerful than the PSP.

The real comparison is b/w Vita, and once again that is an obvious technicality (Vita)
#5kamikaze135Posted 9/12/2011 6:35:54 AM
Idk, I think I think Final Fantasy Type 0 looks better than Zelda and Star Fox...plus those games have low polygon count per model so they're not exactly anything to be proud of when talking about graphics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfbeXCoBx48

The 3DS is most definitely more powerful than what we're seeing now. Every system gets taken advantage of towards the middle of their lifespan and shown off (for the most part), towards the end. It most certainly not anywhere near as powerful as the Vita, but the games on the 3DS look pretty damn good and that's all that matters to us gamers, right?
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6kamikaze135Posted 9/12/2011 6:37:29 AM
Lump1700 posted...
It's about as powerful as people expect. Around gamecube gfx in output with some nicer than wii built in textures and shaders. It is however limited by its screen resolution, but I'd say it is common knowledge it is more powerful than the PSP.

The real comparison is b/w Vita, and once again that is an obvious technicality (Vita)

Yeah. The smaller resolution makes it look better than Wii games, lol. Not that it's more powerful than the Wii, but with better shaders, small screen, and tiny resolution, it could fool anybody.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#7simondakingPosted 9/12/2011 6:37:53 AM
3DS is a bit weaker than the gamecube, with more shaders.
---
3DS: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#8cvmckenziePosted 9/12/2011 6:45:39 AM
Its a fair bet youre right considering that dead or alive looks as good as it does and was really close to being a launch game. I'd be willing to bet that the 3ds could keep up with anything a developer could throw into a game thats meant to be on a handheld. Its a lack of creative originality thats faulting the system, now.
---
The only things more sad than grown men serious about being, "hardcore gamers" are the little kids that think, "hardcore gaming" is cool.
#9DahlVaughnniPosted 9/12/2011 6:57:03 AM
There are people who exist that say the psp has more power than the 3ds? I thought it was pretty obvious the 3ds had more power.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#10TorchIightPosted 9/12/2011 7:05:49 AM
uncharted vita looks better than every single 3ds games.