I have a feeling that the 3DS is much more powerful than we think

#11AxccelPosted 9/12/2011 7:10:03 AM
AncientAstro posted...
I doubt the PSP can even hold a candle to the 3DS remasterings of Zelda OOT and Star Fox 64. What do you guys think? Some of the game trailers look on par with Vita games that we've seen.

lol
---
Black FC - 3224 4871 9538
PSN: EZed2587
#12RevolutionVPosted 9/12/2011 8:20:22 AM
Axccel posted...
AncientAstro posted...
I doubt the PSP can even hold a candle to the 3DS remasterings of Zelda OOT and Star Fox 64. What do you guys think? Some of the game trailers look on par with Vita games that we've seen.

lol

I got to second this LOL.

I have a 3DS, but there is no way anything on even remotely, looks as good as the Vita. I probably get a Vita at launch as well, I'm really impressed with the technology and the games that have been announced.
#13pikachupwnagePosted 9/12/2011 8:23:07 AM
AncientAstro posted...

the water effects on zoness in star fox 64 3D look like they came from a amazing looking PS3 game.
---
This post is in 3_D Wii U...just be glad its not Wii P. Do a barrel roll IN 3D. member of the ELN
#14poopninjamvc3mkPosted 9/12/2011 8:37:04 AM
Not being a fanboy(own both 3ds and psp along with other consoles) but God of War GOS,Yakuza Black Panther(and maybe KHBBS) still looks better than any 3DS game to come out yet. Also Star Fox has some nice water,lave effects but that's pretty much all and the fact you bought LOZ:OOT 3D is funny since it looks like a psp game.
---
WelcometoPlaystation where daplayersplay,and360sredring likeeveryday. Bigfeatures hitexclusives,seehaterstrollin,and CODdon'tstoptill8indamorning.-Starbucks_Fan
#15NyyarkPosted 9/12/2011 8:43:09 AM
pikachupwnage posted...

the water effects on zoness in star fox 64 3D look like they came from a amazing looking PS3 game.

There are a few places in starfox that show off what modern shaders on a handheld can do quite nicely. Zoness is the most obvious, and I love it. The tunnels leading to Andross are nice as well.

Conversely the shadows in the ending when they run are terrible, being projected on a plane about the texturing. Bleck.
#16RogueThoughtsPosted 9/12/2011 9:05:53 AM
AncientAstro posted...

http://i52.tinypic.com/amz7s2.gif
vs
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/galleries/2010-09-29/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-new-screnshots/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-new-screnshots_1285782217.jpg

Really now? I agree that there will probably be some Vita games that won't utilize the system properly, but there is no doubt that the Vita will be leaps and bounds better (graphically) than the 3DS.

That being said, once Squeenix gets ahold of the 3DS, I think we'll see some really impressive things. Because no matter what you say about the gameplay, everyone should agree that Squeenix makes some of the prettiest games ever. (Although, KH3D doesn't look that much better graphically than KHBBS, but we'll see.)