Anyone who had their 3DS Repaired for Scratches!

#1Gamer546Posted 9/12/2011 8:49:33 AM
I'll be sending my 3DS in because it scratches (not just marks) the top screen. It had a screen protector though, so the actual screen is not scratched. For anyone who sent theirs in for repair. Did they receive a replacement, or their original? Thanks!
---
The ghost train is coming kiddies... Listen to it scream...
#2Gavin_RozeePosted 9/12/2011 8:52:25 AM
You'll either get a refurb or the same one sent back unrepaired because they'll be hesitant to replace it if it isn't even scratched.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#3BirdGasPosted 9/12/2011 8:53:06 AM
I had some small scratches from mine, no screen protector, and sent it in because my front camera stopped working. When they sent it back, they sent the original system (had my Mega Man sticker and everything), didn't have to re-download anything, and the entire top screen was fully replaced. Just the screen, not the top shell, as I had a very small scratch next to the camera light that was still there. But as soon as I got it back, I threw a screen protector on there.
---
HA! I kill me!
#4Starwars4JPosted 9/12/2011 9:06:37 AM
Refurb? Not what I've been told! If they are unable to repair it (they were on mine) they'll use new parts.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5Blood_NightsPosted 9/12/2011 9:52:07 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Refurb? Not what I've been told! If they are unable to repair it (they were on mine) they'll use new parts.

I had a DSlite screen go out once. It was a special edition Zelda DSlite. They sent me back a refurbed one. How I knew it was refurbed, the body of it had been worn and beaten to hell, and inside the triforce there was a little scratch. The one I got back had a brand new case. If it's unrepairable and they don't have the new pieces available, they'll send you a refurbed one (and will transfer your purchases over last I heard) in it's place to avoid having to wait for the new pieces to arrive.
---
I smell of cheap cigarettes and Whiskey. Can you blame me?