If Nintendo went bankrupt would you continue gaming?

#41andodelPosted 9/12/2011 6:49:15 PM
I'd continue gaming on my computer and hope they make some of their games for computers.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#42ORANGE666Posted 9/12/2011 6:50:51 PM
Vyers posted...
RevOn_DX posted...
Vyers posted...
If they went bankrupt, I'm sure they would sell their properties, and whomever acquires them would probably also want to hire some of the people behind those games.

No, Nintendo IPs will belong to Nintendo and they'll take em to a new venture. Iwata suggested things like animation and movies. Either way, Nintendo made it very clear that you wouldn't see them pull a Sega

If Nintendo went bankrupt, they would not try a different market.

Nintendo specifically said they would go mobile (cellphone) gaming and they would rather go bankrupt than sell their IP's.
#43KaeporoPosted 9/12/2011 6:54:01 PM
I'll sum up this thread.

"Nintendo or FPS"

You guys act like Nintendo is the only company worth a damn. Sure, they've made some of my favorite games but I enjoy a number of different games across multiple genres.

If any one company goes down, I will continue to play games. That's what seperates a gamer from a brand loyalty slave...besides, if Nintendo went bankrupt I can continue to play the games they've already pushed out.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Gamertag-Kaeporo
#44kafkePosted 9/12/2011 6:59:28 PM
I'd play less games than I do now, which is close to none. Most modern games are not fun. Nintendo at least still makes enjoyable games. If they were to go bankrupt, I'd probably continue on like I do now: Play retro games (mostly nintendo) and play the better titles that are released. However, Nintendo knows what they are doing and probably won't go bankrupt as long as they don't make any stupid mistakes. Also, it'd be just as bad if Nintendo started making "hardcore" games.
---
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#45moogle69Posted 9/12/2011 7:12:01 PM
if its all shooters then ill quit for sure.
---
playing: Dragon Quest VI
looking forward to: Final Fantasy-Type 0, Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2, ES: SKYRIM V, Dark Souls, Hopefully FFversus XIII for 360
#46HiroRaoPosted 9/12/2011 7:12:39 PM
I guess not.

NIS, Atlus, Minecrat, Indie Games... There would still be something left for me.

And well, with as many old SNES & PS1-2 era RPGS I have, I could continue gaming until I die if no new games were to be ever made right now xp
---
Pkmn Diamond FC: 5455 7205 6080
#47JackalfoxPosted 9/12/2011 7:16:16 PM
I'm selling my Wii. I mostly play on my 360, and occasionally my PS3. I use my 360/PS3 daily, while I last played a new game on my Wii last August (Metroid: Other M). Make of that what you will.
---
"July 18th, 2011: remember this date, Capcom. The date you made a powerless, but extremely annoying enemy." - Professor Icepick (via Capcom Unity)
#48VyersPosted 9/12/2011 7:19:17 PM
kafke posted...
I'd play less games than I do now, which is close to none. Most modern games are not fun. Nintendo at least still makes enjoyable games. If they were to go bankrupt, I'd probably continue on like I do now: Play retro games (mostly nintendo) and play the better titles that are released. However, Nintendo knows what they are doing and probably won't go bankrupt as long as they don't make any stupid mistakes. Also, it'd be just as bad if Nintendo started making "hardcore" games.

You really need to play some games not made by Nintendo.

moogle69 posted...
if its all shooters then ill quit for sure.

Well, it's not.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#49BraveAdolPosted 9/12/2011 7:23:08 PM
Yes

But if it was someone else like Falcom I would probably quit gaming and then life in that order
---
Read my comics @ http://thejaystack.tumblr.com (Tell your friends!)
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3