If nintendo releases a 3DS redesign with a 2nd analog...

#1Realistic GamerPosted 9/12/2011 5:32:15 PM
I will WISH that it fails and sony eats their share of the handheld market.

Seriously it's one thing to release a redesign that's better but that doesn't render the current system unuseable (think, DS fat, DS lite, DSi or GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro) and another thing is a "redesign" that will render the current 3DS useless.

I defended nintendo with the whole price cut and ambassador thing... but this is TOO MUCH.

So I could buy another 3DS with a second analog or sell my now useless 3DS with ambassador certificate and buy a vita, guess what I will do? Say hello to the vita, which will have more advanced hardware anyway.
---
The realistic gamer: Bringing realism back to gamefaqs and enlightening people since 2001 1/2.
#2EmpirorPosted 9/12/2011 5:34:49 PM(edited)
Bro, it's only a matter of time that a redesign is going to come out. It's not really if it's coming it's when :/

additionally, 3ds 1 won't be useless so...really not seeing your point here
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Altima_Frontier/index/ for pogymanz
#3trenkenPosted 9/12/2011 5:34:00 PM
How would the old model be unusable when there's an attachment for it?
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#4twistedreality1Posted 9/12/2011 5:34:20 PM
how is the current 3ds useless when they are making the 2nd slide pad as an add-on?
#5Realistic Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 5:36:57 PM
twistedreality1 posted...
how is the current 3ds useless when they are making the 2nd slide pad as an add-on?

How much will that be again? And how bulky is it? How bad does it look? Why didn't the3DS come with one from the beginning?

So, I paid full price for a 3DS when it got a price cut. Now I'll have to buy a weird cradle-like **** that makes it as unportable as a game gear? Again, I might as well sell it, buy a vita and hope nintendo loses its market.
---
The realistic gamer: Bringing realism back to gamefaqs and enlightening people since 2001 1/2.
#6trenkenPosted 9/12/2011 5:38:23 PM
Realistic Gamer posted...

How much will that be again? And how bulky is it? How bad does it look? Why didn't the3DS come with one from the beginning?

So, I paid full price for a 3DS when it got a price cut. Now I'll have to buy a weird cradle-like **** that makes it as unportable as a game gear? Again, I might as well sell it, buy a vita and hope nintendo loses its market.

You CHOSE to be an early adopter, sometimes they get burned. Often times actually. How is how it looks relevant to anything? It works, and would likely be very cheap, as rumored. That's good enough.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#7CedicusPosted 9/12/2011 5:39:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9gN2hdybFY
---
3DS Ambasador FC: 2707-1599-6445
Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, confronted by none.
#8Realistic Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 5:53:35 PM
trenken posted...
Realistic Gamer posted...

You CHOSE to be an early adopter, sometimes they get burned. Often times actually. How is how it looks relevant to anything? It works, and would likely be very cheap, as rumored. That's good enough.

I understand your point, but..

Of all of these systems, which ones screwed up their early adopters?

NES
SNES
N64
GB
GB Pocket
GBC
GBA
GBA SP
GBA Micro
DS
DS Litle
DSi
DSi XL

SMS
Genesis
Genesis II
Game Gear
nomad
sega cd
sega 32x
saturn
dreamcast

PS1
PS One
PS2
PS2 Lite
PSP
PSP (newer)

3DS

There is O-N-E system in this list that screwed up early adopters, and that is the 3DS. No other system released a redesign in 1 year or so that renders the previous system useless. Yes, the virtual boy died, so did the nomad. But it's not like sega/nintendo WANTED those systems to die, they just died. Nintendo chose to release the 3DS without a 2nd analog and then release a redesign with one.

I know, INB4 "2nd analog accessory". Have you seen that thing? It's big, bulky, probably heavy and it blocks the wireless switch. And it costs money.

Also, by this "early adopters get screwed" philosophy, should people hold off buying systems until they're 2 years old? So how will systems survive with no buyers for 2 years? It makes no sense.
---
#9Realistic Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 5:54:40 PM
Cedicus posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9gN2hdybFY

Why am I trolling? explain.

The label gets thrown too liberally now.
---
#10GiratinalgaPosted 9/12/2011 5:59:42 PM
I like how everyone thinks that cradle is the end-all, be-all of the design.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun