Mario Tennis RPG elements?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Tennis RPG elements?

User Info: DS_Dude

DS_Dude
5 years ago#1
Soooo I'm really excited that theres been a new Mario tennis game being announced, but is it going to be like the GBC/GBA ones where you get to build your character stats and make your way up in ranks??
Pokemon Pearl FC: 2577-9647-8746
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 0432 3090 2650

User Info: Pinchekria

Pinchekria
5 years ago#2
Sure
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg

User Info: hoonsta

hoonsta
5 years ago#3
I hope so. That was what made Mario Tennis different from all the other Mario sports games.
GFAQ! Hey GFAQ! Can I have some smoked cheese?

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
5 years ago#4
Maybe. I hope so. But they showed only Mario characters, which means that either it has no RPG mode or that they were playing on the non-RPG mode.

I hope so. That was what made Mario Tennis different from all the other Mario sports games.

Eh? Mario Golf did it first, and (in my opinion) better.
FFXI Valefor: Karnov
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II > V > VI > VIII

User Info: DS_Dude

DS_Dude
5 years ago#5
I figured they had only showed Mario characters, wasn't able to watch the conference cos I'm at uni... As long as they include them it's a definite purchase for me, if not I might grab it when I can get it cheap...
Pokemon Pearl FC: 2577-9647-8746
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 0432 3090 2650

User Info: r_m_8_8

r_m_8_8
5 years ago#6
Must be really early on development, because it looks exactly like Mario Power Tennis.
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.

User Info: Sid3wind3r12

Sid3wind3r12
5 years ago#7
I heard him say something about gyro
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Official Kayamba of the Monster Hunter Tri G 3DS Board

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
5 years ago#8
r_m_8_8 posted...
Must be really early on development, because it looks exactly like Mario Power Tennis.

Yea, I'm worried it will be a portable console version of the game (if that made ANY sense) which sucks because I vastly prerfered the GBA one.
Right now you are reading my signature. Was it worth it? I have just wasted 10 seconds of your life. I find joy in randomly wasting people's time.

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
5 years ago#9
Marsford posted...
r_m_8_8 posted...

Yea, I'm worried it will be a portable console version of the game (if that made ANY sense) which sucks because I vastly prerfered the GBA one.

I preferred the GBC version. I really hope there's RPG elements, Mario Tennis is in my top 5 games. If I wanted a pure tennis game like the console version, I wouldn't buy the game since tennis itself is a boring sport to me.

User Info: uwnim

uwnim
5 years ago#10
It hopefully will have the RPG stuff. That is what made the games awesome.
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Tennis RPG elements?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived