Disallowing you to change your primary Mii was a stupid f***ing idea

#1NintendoBoy259Posted 9/12/2011 9:30:35 PM
I guess what happened was my friend lent our mutual friend his 3ds before he made his own Mii. Our mutual friend made a Mii and set it as primary, so now the owner of the 3ds has a primary Mii that isn't his. So, we found out the bulls*** that Nintendo doesn't let you delete your primary Mii, they only let you edit it. We did that, and after adding his friend code, the information changes back to what it was before the edit (i.e. our friend's mii opposed to the owner's). Initially, his info will be the edit, but after loading/exiting the friend list a few times, it reverts back to what it was before the edit.

I don't see how this makes any sense, at no point did I receive the initial data, only the edited data. Yet my friend list still has the initial data. So confused, nintendo, what the hell guys :-(
---
Yeah, I mean, video games are cool....
#2Reik0uPosted 9/12/2011 9:54:32 PM
just edit the "primary" Mii to however you want it to look.
---
Currently Playing: Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Tales of Xillia
3DS Friend Code: Reikou@1977-0116-7656
#3Kitt ThrustPosted 9/12/2011 9:56:45 PM

this. it's not really that big of a deal and the system does warn you before you set the primary Mii.
---
http://i.imgur.com/K5YX7.gif
#4Lord_FroodPosted 9/12/2011 9:57:54 PM
Yeah it shouldn't "revert" as you say it is.
Either A) you're lying, B) you're doing something wrong and not realizing it or C) you're lying.
---
Official Barioth of the Monster Hunter Tri G board
"I see past the boobs for the heart." - Mattperd
#5FoofyheadPosted 9/12/2011 10:09:33 PM
I f***ing love this topic!
---
Ask a stupid person, get a stupid answer.
#6NintendoBoy259(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 10:56:48 PM
F***ing GameFAQs, I'm not lying! :-(

Zekiryo posted...

I've done that. It shows up for maybe two times in the friends list as his edited mii, then goes back to the original. It doesn't make any sense, I never even added the friend code until after he edited his mii.

What about formatting the system memory, then making a new Mii? Do I lose my saves? My ambassador games? Can they be saved to SD?
---
#7NintendoBoy259(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 11:00:07 PM
Add also, he received a friend code, i.e. connected to wifi internet, before editing his mii, so is it possible his data was saved on some server somewhere, and my 3ds is drawing from that?
---
#8NintendoBoy259(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 11:05:43 PM
I guess it's just the wrong time to expect any serious technical help at 3am est ~:-(
---
#9arbingordonPosted 9/12/2011 11:09:28 PM
NintendoBoy259 posted...
I guess it's just the wrong time to expect any serious technical help at 3am est ~:-(

No, it was wrong to expect any serious technical help on this board.
#10NintendoBoy259(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 11:15:17 PM
Good point :-/
---