Thumb Pad add on? lol

#1MaximotheladPosted 9/12/2011 11:24:41 PM
Not bashing Nintendo but wow does that thing look silly. I haven't seen anything that goofy looking since the original GameBoy monsterous 3rd party "transformer" add on lol. I can't think of it's name but it's huge and ugly. Please post a link if you can find one.

So is anyone else just going to wait for 3DS lite with second thumbstick and better battery life? I was about to buy one today until I saw this now I feel like I should just wait. :(
#2nonexistingheroPosted 9/12/2011 11:27:08 PM
Suppose I may be getting a remodeled 3DS with a 2nd stick eventually. But to be honest, I think it's not necessary to have a 2nd slide pad at all. But if a lot of games start using it, then I don't have a choice. I can either get the PoS add-on or a remodeled 3DS.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3KanokarePosted 9/12/2011 11:35:21 PM(edited)
Once they do release a remodeled 3DS with an extra thumb, I'll buy the add on and completely stop buying any Nintendo product on release date other than Mario games. Best to just wait and see what the consensus is on Nintendo these days.
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344
#4chaos_controlrPosted 9/12/2011 11:52:41 PM
this is ****, this is worse than the whole wii motion plus upgrade (which i still dont own and am now forced to buy to play zelda with)

nintendo, design your consoles proprerly from the start!!!!

Im a huge nintendo fan but this is just really really annoying. That explains the price drop, get as many as possible to buy the old 3ds and then drop this bombshell. man i would feel so cheated if i just bought one
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 2708 4032 8705
Pokemon Black FC: 1291 8331 1956
#5VanderZooPosted 9/13/2011 12:13:23 AM
It's really the main reason why I'm not buying a 3DS yet, I'm going to wait for the inevitable re-design with two slide pads.
---
Now trembled before your death. For be it my mask, or be it your blood, red will be the last color that you'll ever see.
#6Maximothelad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 12:41:35 AM
After seeing that you need a battery for it AND it has two extra ZL and ZR triggers....i'm just left wondering ....WHY? I guess they are just going to port games to the 3DS? Zelda remake didn't need it! lol Game plays AWESOME.

It just seems like such a stupid move to me to release this. But oh well.
#7robomasteralphaPosted 9/15/2011 12:46:42 AM
Maximothelad posted...
Zelda remake didn't need it! lol Game plays AWESOME.

It just seems like such a stupid move to me to release this. But oh well.

OoT didn't have full, free camera control in the first place.
---
Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat, we all love you Gamera!
#8Darth_ElusivePosted 9/15/2011 1:04:34 AM
Obviously Nintendo had screwed up in designing the 3DS.

I am pretty sure they had anticipated the PSP successor to have dual analog sticks but someone at Nintendo just dismissed the importance of it and went ahead with a single analog stick.

With the slide pad added on, the 3DS is super ugly. And Nintendo knows it. I am pretty sure we will see a redesigned 3DS with dual circle pads by Q2 2012. Expect to see leaked pictures/video clips of the redesigned model soon.