My guess is, future 3DS consoles will have the second analog build in..

#11andyp3500Posted 9/13/2011 1:46:39 PM
Well I think that is inevitable, why wouldnt they build it into the first revision? It would be crazy not to.
#12coldwinePosted 9/13/2011 2:08:41 PM
andyp3500 posted...
Well I think that is inevitable, why wouldnt they build it into the first revision? It would be crazy not to.

Exactly right. I think they're testing the waters, easing into the next version with the add-on bridge. If Vita is a hit then then will ramp up the revision even faster.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#13Natureboy99Posted 9/13/2011 2:15:53 PM
Since there are no games I want for 3DS for the next year or two, waiting for 3DS light with dual analogs, twice the battery life, and a $150 price point is extremely easy for me. Vita will more than keep me satisfied.
#14AP3BrainPosted 9/13/2011 2:17:06 PM
Discomaster posted...
Really? So prior to this big conference, everyone was going on about how there is going to be an attachment for a second analog slider and a new 3DS that will have it built in. What happened? No mention of either, except for a new 3DS... The exact same old 3DS but in pink. Then the attachment was announced for a small hand full of games that are coming out over the next 15 months. I don't see Nintendo making any new versions of the 3DS except in different colors for a while to come. If you're going to wait, I'd say you'll probably get yours in 2013 or later.

They did mention the add-on outside of the streams. There is six titles that are going to support it now which is awesome.

The whole redesign with the second circle pad integrated was of course not announced and I don't really expect them to so soon but seeing as how there is room there for the second circle pad and there is already support for the it I don't think it is out of the question to kind of expect this redesign to happen.

Now nobody really knows when it would happen. Might not be for another year. But I still think it is very likely to have second circle pad integrated.