About to get a 3DS

#1AStiffyIffyPosted 9/13/2011 6:19:46 PM
I'm deciding between Devil Survivor Overclocked and Star Fox 64. I've never played a Star Fox game, never played Devil Survivor. I played the multiplayer on a Star Wars game for DS and the space battles were extremely fun. I can only imagine Star Fox would be better. For the other side, I recently started playing Atlus games after beating Catherine. Besides Catherine, I'm playing Persona 1 for the PSP and am loving it. Is Devil Survivor similar to Persona? What would be the recommendation?
---
Send your suggestions for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations to CyberConnect2! They want to hear from us: inq_fun@cc2.co.jp
#2captindrek09Posted 9/13/2011 6:21:07 PM
DSO will net you more hours, but in terms of gameplay they aren't similar at all.

It's really just your opinion, check out some gameplay vids and have fun :D.
---
"My internet would be better if I smashed my dick into an Ethernet port." ~ Crimson_Jesus
#3TheForestKidPosted 9/13/2011 6:21:28 PM
Target has a deal where if you buy Starfox you get another game for half price
---
'We're whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon, for they ain't no whales so we tell tall tales, and sing our whaling tune.'
#4pikachupwnagePosted 9/13/2011 6:21:57 PM
AStiffyIffy posted...
I'm deciding between Devil Survivor Overclocked and Star Fox 64. I've never played a Star Fox game, never played Devil Survivor. I played the multiplayer on a Star Wars game for DS and the space battles were extremely fun. I can only imagine Star Fox would be better. For the other side, I recently started playing Atlus games after beating Catherine. Besides Catherine, I'm playing Persona 1 for the PSP and am loving it. Is Devil Survivor similar to Persona? What would be the recommendation?

star fox 64 its the best looking handheld game I ever played and has so much replay value. and the music is incredible.
---
This post is in 3_D Wii U...just be glad its not Wii P. Check out my star fox 64 3D and 3DS reviews member of the ELN
#5brokensword15Posted 9/13/2011 6:27:17 PM
Good will come to those who wait, especially in Nintendo's case... Most of all the games for the 3DS announced alone are worth the buy! I got mine when it was $250 so I felt screwed, but even though I felt good about getting 20 free games while some didn't, it was literally one month after the price cut the analog pictures showed up and at that moment I felt like 20 free games still wasn't worth it. I'd say Nintendo will announce their successor to the 3DS with 2 analog stick early next year.

If you can't wait, that's fine! I'm enjoying my 3DS! Zelda and StarFox are the best games out right now and that will satisfy anyone till the holiday! I'm just saying if you wait it only gets better for you as a Nintendo customer, learn from us who suffered the blunder.
#6FaelorPosted 9/13/2011 6:28:16 PM
I haven't played Starfox yet, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what's different about the remake, but the game itself is awesome. On-rails shooters are personal favorites of mine and this is one of the best. It isn't too hard to finish the game but it takes some skill to get the medals if you're aiming for them.

I own DS Overclocked and I have enjoyed every moment I've played with it. Dunno how similar it is to the first Persona, but the moves and skills are reminiscent of Persona 3 and 4. It can be difficult, but very rewarding. And the content is widespread considering how many endings there are. Just a note though, if you plan on getting Overclocked, do it soon. Atlus usually doesn't release a lot of copies of new games and they're getting rarer already.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3437 3093 1478
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 1248 8034 0464