i know why the fanwars between 3DS and vita are so heated

#1acdimpsPosted 9/14/2011 5:50:27 AM
its simple, really. both systems are pretty expensive, and players dont want to feel like their money was wasted. There is also a classic sony vs nintendo allegiance rivalry going on-- one which is stronger than the sony vs Microsoft fanwars, IMO.

SO, I will only be getting one system. It willprobably be the vita, since I appreciate sony titles more (historically), and I like the power the vita has.

But I understand why there are many 3DS and Vita fans who want to troll and laugh at each other...it makes sense. And I envy those of you with BOTH systems....and...well...I promise I wont troll this board.

good day.
#2Wynters387Posted 9/14/2011 5:53:06 AM
oh wow thanks for the good day...um i didn't get you anything .. oh wait here. *hands you a bowl* it's a bowl of my favorite chocolate pudding!!!

also you did a pretty good unbiased analyzes. :) is it the complete reason? who knows? It's a fair guess.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Creator of the "Reach Around" the back touch screen attachment for the 3DS.
#3SoulEatingMonkyPosted 9/14/2011 6:07:56 AM
I don't really understand why people are so fanboyish and fight about every little thing I personally am a fan of video games in general and all I care about is the games it doesn't matter who makes them if they are good then they are good as simple as that im happy with my 3ds, wii, 360, ps3, and I will gladly pick up the psvita when available.
---
JUS FC 481125214245 /PSN ID: SoulEatingMonky
Gamertag: SoulEatingMonky Brawl FC 2707-1263-7765
#4gunstarzPosted 9/14/2011 6:10:50 AM
*sits down, takes pudding*

Haters love to hate. Hell, I hate on things I secretly like from time to time. It gets me by since I have nothing to complain about IRL.
---
www.petemorleydesign.com // www.alternativesuburban.com
Currently Playing FFVIII (PSP)
#5niels200683Posted 9/14/2011 6:16:51 AM
I just say whatever seems the funniest - regardless of the system it is making fun of.

I'm getting a Vita, though - not because I like the Vita better than the 3DS, but because I already own a 3DS.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#6SweepzzPosted 9/14/2011 6:19:18 AM
Hmph... 7 years... I've done better. I AM and always will be EVERYTHING.
---
Official Rhodium of GameFaqs
"The world sucks" - Me
#7shinjix2Posted 9/14/2011 6:20:49 AM(edited)
^^ This
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#8SmoshCuchPosted 9/14/2011 6:22:34 AM
This has been going on long before video games, and in lots of different areas. The comic 2000AD (published as Judge Dredd here in the States) did a great satire on brand loyalty in which the 'wars' became literal, with people killing each other over things like Coke vs Pepsi or McDonald's vs Burger King.

For whatever reason, some people just take brand loyalty way too far. I'm generally a Sony guy too, but that's just my personal preference. I don't pretend that they're better than Nintendo, just a better choice for me & my tastes. I, for one, hope that the 3DS does very well and gets a large library of quality games. And if enough of those games interest me, I just might buy one myself. Rationality FTW!
#9acdimps(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 6:23:54 AM
SmoshCuch posted...
This has been going on long before video games, and in lots of different areas. The comic 2000AD (published as Judge Dredd here in the States) did a great satire on brand loyalty in which the 'wars' became literal, with people killing each other over things like Coke vs Pepsi or McDonald's vs Burger King.

that. sounds. awesome.
#10acdimps(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 6:24:50 AM
Sweepzz posted...
Hmph... 7 years... I've done better. I AM and always will be EVERYTHING.

wat?