Do you consider OoT3D or Star Fox 3D the better remake?

#11DranakinPosted 9/14/2011 10:35:43 AM
People are judging each game on it's merits. I think the TC was asking which studio did a better job of remaking a classic?
#12trenkenPosted 9/14/2011 10:44:33 AM
Have both, OoT without question. The 3D effect in starfox is garbage. Only good example of 3D in that game is the title screen. The rest, as perfectly described in the gametrailers review, is pretty flat. Lame sense of depth, but in Zelda it's great.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#13chaomaster4000Posted 9/14/2011 10:49:20 AM
Star Fox was, mainly because it was built from the ground up. The 3D effect is actually a huge help in Area 6; being able to judge which homing missile is closest to you is a decent helping hand. The graphics are far superior to OoT3D (Zoness has better water effects than we've seen on the Wii, IIRC, and outside of that Solar and Fichina look brilliant as well). And of course, on top of that is the new battle mode, which is pretty decent even in single player (but of course is much more fun with friends).

While I'm not going to judge which game is objectively better, I'd say that SF643D was the better remake without a doubt.
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#14BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 1:41:44 PM
Dranakin posted...
People are judging each game on it's merits. I think the TC was asking which studio did a better job of remaking a classic?

yeah this was pretty much my question. Ocarina of Time is in my top 3 favorite games of all time, and by itself i consider it to be slightly better than star fox.

but in terms of how well the games were remade, I have to hand the trophy to star fox. Really, the only things I wish they had done differently is add one new level and online play, and it would be an A+ game in my book. The revamped multiplayer system is superb.
---
"Everybody has an opinion. Just some people try harder to shove it down your throat than others."
#15Pryce89Posted 9/14/2011 2:00:14 PM
The 3D effect adds much more to Star Fox then it does to OoT and I think the overall visual quality of Star Fox is much better. Plus, Star Fox actually got new content in the revamped multiplayer.

So, Star Fox is the better remake, imo. (Which isn't to say its the better game *cough* illiterate gamefaq'rs *cough*)
---
White: 4384 3807 4060 3DS: 2964 8616 2726
http://backloggery.com/gamerpaul2011