Do you really care about the attachable pad?

#1Wiiplayer111Posted 9/14/2011 11:44:12 AM
So far it seems optional. So you're not forced to buy it. And at least Nintendo is offering something to compensate for any future versions of 3DS that might already have a pad built in. Its not like they are completely shutting you out and saying screw you for buying early.

While I do think it was a mistake to be left out in the beginning at least they are trying to make up for it, for better gaming experiences.

*This topic was created because I seen the poll and now I want to ask the board directly.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
#2chaomaster4000Posted 9/14/2011 11:46:31 AM
I think it's a nice addition for games that would benefit from more than just L + R shoulder buttons and a second stick. I'll probably buy the bundle with MH (assuming it gets released over here in EU).
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#3JorgezxPosted 9/14/2011 11:47:43 AM
It looks kind of clunky, but I guess it works
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#4AP3BrainPosted 9/14/2011 11:49:04 AM
I care about it in the way that I will be getting it. If the rumor is true and it is only $10 in the U.S. I don't really see how someone can pass it up. Yeah it is ugly but who cares as long as it is more functional. And yeah it is less portable but probably way more comfortable to hold.

I hope a slimmer, better looking version comes out to shut a lot of people up.
#5LHS_2012Posted 9/14/2011 11:49:14 AM
I wonder why so many people picked the second to the last option. If you think it's a design flaw not to have DA, how can adding DA be a poor solution?
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#6Cloud75xPosted 9/14/2011 11:49:29 AM
the only thing I see it doing is coming out in japan, only, to test if developers who are gearing towards sony's duel-stick Vita will approach the 3DS as another platform to work with.

Nintendo said it their self earlier this year, when the Wii came out they gained a crap load of casual gamers but lost a butt load of 3rd party support. This "thing" adds duel-stick support to the DS and might boost 3rd party support for it.

If it does and it sales well, both for developers and customers, it could come to the states or become an alpha test mod for the next nintendo handheld.
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#7yoda2323Posted 9/14/2011 11:49:39 AM
So far it seems optional. So you're not forced to buy it. And at least Nintendo is offering something to compensate for any future versions of 3DS that might already have a pad built in. Its not like they are completely shutting you out and saying screw you for buying early.

I agree. I personally will probably not use it, or be playing any games that use it. I would think 1st party games wouldn't use it since Nintendo didn't think it was necessary in the first place or otherwise they would've had it from the start.
---
www.papermarioflash.proboards.com
#8dizanimatorPosted 9/14/2011 11:51:13 AM
I care a bit because I'm watching to see if games require it, or just allow it to be used. I know one game I want will use it, and I'm waiting to see how it will be used. I wish NoA would give us information about if it will be released, and when. I hope that it's optional for games to use it, so I can play a game with it at home, but play that same game without the pad when I'm out. I'm just trying to wait for information, and just see how this plays out.
#9AP3BrainPosted 9/14/2011 11:53:58 AM
Cloud75x posted...
the only thing I see it doing is coming out in japan, only, to test if developers who are gearing towards sony's duel-stick Vita will approach the 3DS as another platform to work with.

Nintendo said it their self earlier this year, when the Wii came out they gained a crap load of casual gamers but lost a butt load of 3rd party support. This "thing" adds duel-stick support to the DS and might boost 3rd party support for it.

If it does and it sales well, both for developers and customers, it could come to the states or become an alpha test mod for the next nintendo handheld.

I doubt it... If all the crap Wii add-ons go to the states this is obviously going to states as well. It isn't going to be some "beta" test lol.
#10scorch109Posted 9/14/2011 11:56:22 AM
When it's already difficult to use the ABXY and touch screen simultaneously why add another interface to the right thumb.
---
"The Bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written." Noam Chomsky