Once again Mario Kart takes Nintendo one (baby) step further online

#1Raider125Posted 9/14/2011 10:30:56 PM
In the videos and TGS coverage for Mario Kart 7 it looks like the game will have an online setup very much like Mario Kart Wii. This means we can actually join our friends in progress when racing. It was also confirmed that streetpasses will get you friend codes for online play. Hopefully you can actually invite friends to your games. Hell I'll go out on a limb and even suggest party matchmaking...OMG I'm going to get burned at the stake.

In all seriousness Mario Kart DS was basically Nintendo's first mass market online game and I expect Mario Kart 7 to push the 3DS a little further in this area as well.
---
Gamertag: ShatterX
#2AP3BrainPosted 9/14/2011 10:33:32 PM
I never had a Wii and just heard bad stories about online. Is there seriously no matchmaking or a list of servers? You have to depend on a friendslist to have races online?
#3Lord_FroodPosted 9/14/2011 10:37:29 PM
AP3Brain posted...
I never had a Wii and just heard bad stories about online. Is there seriously no matchmaking or a list of servers? You have to depend on a friendslist to have races online?

Not true. You just select "Online" and it finds you a race to join in on. Nobody makes the rooms per se. They're just there.
If you and a friend are online and they can see you are too, I believe you can join in at the next race.
---
"I see past the boobs for the heart." - Mattperd
GOLD BANANA
#4AP3BrainPosted 9/14/2011 10:43:24 PM
Ah okay that is acceptable at least. Hopefully they start putting more and more online in games.
#5Raider125(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 10:44:01 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
AP3Brain posted...

Not true. You just select "Online" and it finds you a race to join in on. Nobody makes the rooms per se. They're just there.
If you and a friend are online and they can see you are too, I believe you can join in at the next race.

Granted there is an open slot for you.

But yes there is matchmaking with randoms but the filters are basically for Global or Your Region and Race or Battle.
---
Gamertag: ShatterX
#6legendarylemurPosted 9/14/2011 10:50:48 PM
I'm gonna say Mario Kart Wii had one of the best onlines on the Wii. If Mario Kart 7 pulls it off in the level of MKWii or more, I'd be very happy with it
---
Mass slaughter is fine, but dating sims are OMG MORAL PERVERSION ~ McMarbles
My karma was 666 on May 7th 2011, May 10th 2011
#7PinchekriaPosted 9/14/2011 11:07:56 PM
It's perfectly fine the way it is, Nintendo doesn't have to give you this extra stuff. Stop complaining and be thankful for what you got!

/Nintendrone.
---
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#8WahahaNamePosted 9/15/2011 2:07:29 AM
Mario Karts wii's online was damn near perfect (barring the obvious friend codes). I also saw someone hack once to get permanent bullet bills which I found absolutely hilarious (who the hell cheats at Mario Kart?).
#9mcsmellingtonPosted 9/15/2011 2:12:01 AM
WahahaName posted...
Mario Karts wii's online was damn near perfect (barring the obvious friend codes). I also saw someone hack once to get permanent bullet bills which I found absolutely hilarious (who the hell cheats at Mario Kart?).

Haha there's loads of hackers >_< they sit by the edge of the track and spam items, then super speed to the finish line. I really don't see the point, myself.
---
GT: McPoo