Are ALL of the top halfs going to be black?

#1DeuxHeroPosted 9/14/2011 10:37:59 PM(edited)
Why Nintendo? Even the freshly announced pink has it.

I don't like my electronics to be dust magnets!
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#2thedicemasterPosted 9/14/2011 10:39:34 PM
so you don't get distracted by bright colors while playing a game.
#3Zetsuei_8823Posted 9/14/2011 10:40:22 PM(edited)
Well...what's wrong with it? I like it.
Perhaps to distinguish between the DS models and the 3DS? [sans the model with black top and red bottom]

Reminds me of the newer PS3 models and how they took off the glossy look of it. :(
---
- Fruitcup -
#4Skul_Posted 9/14/2011 10:42:00 PM
There was something about it on iwata asks. The black enhances the 3D effect or something.
---
Currently Playing: FE: Radiant Dawn, Zelda: Twilight Princess (replay) and Pokemon Soul Silver. Operation Virtual Fall! I want Virtual Boy 2! Im from AUSTRALIA!
#5DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 10:42:28 PM(edited)
^^^ Ah right, forgot today's generation of gamers was the easily distracted one.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#6Zetsuei_8823Posted 9/14/2011 10:45:26 PM(edited)
DeuxHero posted...
^^^ Ah right, forgot today's generation of gamers was the easily distracted one.

The easily distracted and in need of hand-holding throughout the game.
Otherwise, the difficulty IS TOO DAMN HIGH.
---
- Fruitcup -
#7nonexistingheroPosted 9/14/2011 10:48:16 PM
Zetsuei_8823 posted...
DeuxHero posted...

The easily distracted and in need of hand-holding throughout the game.
Otherwise, the difficulty IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

Lol. On the board for The Third Birthday there's a few topics about people that started on the hard mode. You know what like half the board does when those people ask for advice? You should've started on easy.

Seriously -__-

I'm playing the game on hard and managing just fine. Sure, it's hard. But that's why I went for hard immediately.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8EoinPosted 9/15/2011 12:16:17 AM
I suspect it's partially to mask the fact that DS games don't use the whole top screen. It makes it easier to ignore the black bars and concentrate on the actual image.
#9DeltaProjPosted 9/15/2011 12:41:33 AM
Why the top half gotta be bla-*shot*
---
"I think about us lying, lying on a beach somewhere. I think about us diving, diving off a rock, into another moment"
3DS FC: 5327-0898-0358
#10AODSoulUnisonPosted 9/15/2011 1:02:21 AM
It's because the 3D effect works best when there's a dark neutral to contrast the actual screen against.
If the system around the screen was shiny blue, or red, it'd take a lot from the 3D effect.
---
[= = == = =[ MASTER CLOSET SQUATTER ]= = == = =]
{[::[OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL SOMETHING-OR-OTHER]::]}