Red 3DS is different than the original launch 3DS

#1trenkenPosted 9/15/2011 7:53:27 AM
I bought one for my gf for her bday. This new red one is definitely a little improved over the launch ones.

The slide pad has a different feel to it. Definitely feels a little better than my launch blue one. The top half feels much tighter, I mean REALLY tight. It feels like it was just built better. The top screen on mine isnt very loose, but it definitely has a little wiggle to it, and there is just no movement at all on hers.

The face buttons feel tighter to me, more clicky. They obviously made some minor improvements here and there. Nothing major, just some small refinements.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#2Gavin_RozeePosted 9/15/2011 7:54:48 AM
Do the rubber bumpers to the sides of the top screen appear longer than those on yours?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#3GabrielConroyPosted 9/15/2011 7:55:47 AM
I just bought one for my brother that should be arriving today. I would feel jealous if he wasn't going to be lacking the Ambassador games. =p
#4flamingalienPosted 9/15/2011 7:57:09 AM
I was thinking about trading in my blue one for the red. This is great to know, thanks!
---
Bustin' makes me feel good.
#5vidalmorazaPosted 9/15/2011 7:57:27 AM
MY launch 3DS is like that TC, lose pad and buttons are common, REd 3DS are gonna get them too...
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 9/15/2011 7:58:49 AM
Is the pink 3DS coming over to NA? I might buy a few for some of my nieces if it does. Already bought a red one for my nephew for the holidays.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#7KogaSteelfangPosted 9/15/2011 7:59:39 AM(edited)
Does the bottom screen border still leave lines on the top screen?
---
This is not a sig.
#8DahlVaughnniPosted 9/15/2011 8:15:57 AM
trenken posted...
I bought one for my gf for her bday. This new red one is definitely a little improved over the launch ones.

The slide pad has a different feel to it. Definitely feels a little better than my launch blue one. The top half feels much tighter, I mean REALLY tight. It feels like it was just built better. The top screen on mine isnt very loose, but it definitely has a little wiggle to it, and there is just no movement at all on hers.

The face buttons feel tighter to me, more clicky. They obviously made some minor improvements here and there. Nothing major, just some small refinements.

The top screen is supposed to have some wiggle. If it doesn't then that means you may have a cracked hinge on the way.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#9kamikaze135Posted 9/15/2011 8:18:53 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
trenken posted...

The top screen is supposed to have some wiggle. If it doesn't then that means you may have a cracked hinge on the way.

That's not the only way to prevent a cracked hinge.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#10SMASHKING84Posted 9/15/2011 8:27:35 AM
The 3ds i got at launch seems fine the analog is good(if anything its not loose enough)
the only real problem i have with my 3ds is the volume is way too low in some cases cases(3ds sound,videos&ds* games) Though the sound being way too low out side of 3ds games(gb/nes games were ever very lould on there original systems so im not counting that as a negative or possitive) may be common to every 3ds idk note im using head phone with adjustable volume with both the 3ds volume and headphone volume maxed(tried it without headphones and volume maxed the headphone can make it slightly louder)

*ds games i play them on dsi and the volume is much louder.
---
Twilight Princess is the best zelda people who agree:38 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m0IlOxd7eE posting via gamefaqs