Squeaky Buttons

#1RuinaruPosted 9/16/2011 1:32:00 PM
Seems like in every topic on 3DS buttons I read, everyone buttons are different. Or at least, everyone describes them differently.

The only problem I have with the 3DS right now is the button layout, and the quality of the buttons. The biggest problem is this: My buttons squeak. Especially the D-Pad. It's really rather loud, and it's quite irritating. Has anyone else had this problem, and have you come up with any solutions?
---
FFXI - Ruinaru - Carbuncle
FFXIV - Forofor Nahtfund - Saronia
#2robomasteralphaPosted 9/16/2011 1:37:45 PM
I'd imagine the squeak would go away after it's been worn in, but I really have no clue. It's not a problem on mine.

Unless you want to try using some WD40 on it :-)
---
Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat, we all love you Gamera!
#3strongo9Posted 9/16/2011 1:48:49 PM
I think my squeakiness has worn away. Either that or I don't even notice it.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#4Ruinaru(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 7:39:38 PM
I've played it a good bit. Beaten OoT3D and most of Master Quest, as well as playing the original Zelda and ExciteBike quite a bit. I would've thought that it wore off by now, but it hasn't. Guess I'll give it a bit more time and wait for some more button mashey games to come out. Otherwise I may have to see actually buy the next version of the system. Kept my DSphat all the way until the 3DS and I was hoping I could do the same here.
---
#5LightHawKnightPosted 9/16/2011 7:44:49 PM
Clicky buttons are one thing, but squeaky?

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#6logans_run_82Posted 9/16/2011 7:51:57 PM
Mine occasionally squeak, but its not an ongoing issue.

People bring up every minor problem they have with the 3DS... stuff like that usually goes away.

my analog stick was acting up and being a bit scratchy in its movements, but after I played the system for a bit, its gotten really smooth.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#7Galaxy_NovaPosted 9/16/2011 8:59:58 PM
Ruinaru posted...
Seems like in every topic on 3DS buttons I read, everyone buttons are different. Or at least, everyone describes them differently.

The only problem I have with the 3DS right now is the button layout, and the quality of the buttons. The biggest problem is this: My buttons squeak. Especially the D-Pad. It's really rather loud, and it's quite irritating. Has anyone else had this problem, and have you come up with any solutions?

Sounds like you play SSF4 3D Edition. I used to play online and asked the saaaame questions.
---
Megaman Star Force 3 Red Joker Wi-Fi King! 2010
#8crazyray47Posted 9/17/2011 6:17:40 AM
Mine squeek as well
#9Ruinaru(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2011 2:37:15 PM
Galaxy_Nova posted...

Sounds like you play SSF4 3D Edition. I used to play online and asked the saaaame questions.

Nope. The only actual 3DS game I have is OoT3D. The squeaking is most noticeable in Zelda 1, where I use the D-pad a lot.
---