Why didn't Inafune stay with Capcom for like two more years to finish MML3?

#1lizard81288Posted 9/16/2011 8:02:17 PM
http://gematsu.com/2011/09/inafune-wanted-to-finish-mega-man-legends-3

From this interview, he went through alot of trouble to get it, and he picked out his dev team too. Plus he said it was his dream project, so why bail now? I know he was tried of them, but I would have sucked it up, and would see if it got canned in the end or not. It seems like if he would have stayed, Crapcom would do some grumbling, but the games would have gotten made. Then he should have parted ways.

It also sucks that Cashcom wouldn't let him finish the game now, even though he is gone.
---
I hate people in general.
#2drothegreat0nePosted 9/16/2011 8:05:22 PM
A man's happiness > Your desire for a new game.
---
Pokemon Black - 4427-3709-9987
#3Grandy12Posted 9/16/2011 8:05:42 PM
lizard81288 posted...
http://gematsu.com/2011/09/inafune-wanted-to-finish-mega-man-legends-3

From this interview, he went through alot of trouble to get it, and he picked out his dev team too. Plus he said it was his dream project, so why bail now? I know he was tried of them, but I would have sucked it up, and would see if it got canned in the end or not. It seems like if he would have stayed, Crapcom would do some grumbling, but the games would have gotten made. Then he should have parted ways.

It also sucks that Cashcom wouldn't let him finish the game now, even though he is gone.

Perhaps he sucked up for 10 years before this?
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#4CorruptedRPGPosted 9/16/2011 8:07:15 PM
He hated the higher ups within the company so he ditched them. Crapcom could've finished the game without his presence but it appears they have a deep hatred for blue bombers now.
---
The 3DS board never fails to provide a good laugh
3DS FC: Nintendo still uses them?
#5kamikaze135Posted 9/16/2011 8:07:27 PM
The guy just wasn't happy there. I would rather he quit than be forced to finish a game at a company he didn't like. Even if it's a game I wanted.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6UiruPosted 9/16/2011 8:07:28 PM
He's now contributing to the next Hyperdimension Neptunia, so it's pretty clear to everyone that he has completely lost his mind.
---
~Uiru
#7lizard81288(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 8:19:26 PM
drothegreat0ne posted...

True, but thats not quite what I'm talking about. From the Interview, It is he dream project. The project he always wanted to make, but during his dream project, he left.

It would be like my dream would be to build my dream house. I get all of the contractors and everything, but I quit on the project and decide to live at a motel. See what i'm say...I guess?
---
#8drothegreat0nePosted 9/16/2011 8:23:43 PM
lizard81288 posted...
drothegreat0ne posted...

True, but thats not quite what I'm talking about. From the Interview, It is he dream project. The project he always wanted to make, but during his dream project, he left.

It would be like my dream would be to build my dream house. I get all of the contractors and everything, but I quit on the project and decide to live at a motel. See what i'm say...I guess?

I understand. However, I'd rather he be happy (which would reflect on the game), than finish the game with pure hatred.

Wasn't the game at 25% when it was canceled?
---
Pokemon Black - 4427-3709-9987
#9lizard81288(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 8:26:07 PM
drothegreat0ne posted...
I understand. However, I'd rather he be happy (which would reflect on the game), than finish the game with pure hatred.

Wasn't the game at 25% when it was canceled?

I know the Demo/Prototype was like 99% done, if not completely done. But I don't know about the actual game however.
---
#10GhetsisPosted 9/16/2011 8:53:53 PM
He's now contributing to the next Hyperdimension Neptunia, so it's pretty clear to everyone that he has completely lost his mind.

Not to mention an otome game starring his fictional niece who has to rescue him...
---
FFXI Valefor: Karnov
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II > V > VI > VIII