monster hunter tri G Preview

#11kamikaze135Posted 9/17/2011 2:03:51 PM
Seems to work well, now that I actually look at it, lol. I hope MH4 has this control scheme since I'll be skipping out on Tri G.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#12tfalcoPosted 9/17/2011 2:11:21 PM
I can't wait to get this game! It makes my right thumb erect! it can't wait to touch the touch screen!
---
3DS - FC: 4511-0462-4833, Mii: Thomas
#13dynamomasterPosted 9/17/2011 2:14:35 PM
Why does everyone think the second analog is only used for the camera? Is it safe to assume that there won't be the alternate control scheme where you use the second analog to attack rather than the face buttons? You know... how MH started and how it was available in Tri. It made certain weapons more effective.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/phanir || 3DS FC: 1418-6781-7928
Official Great Jaggi of the Monster Hunter 3G Board
#14SShredder565Posted 9/17/2011 2:18:46 PM
The most important part of the article:

"Since the camera quadrant sits against the right edge of the screen, it can be easily accessed by stretching out your right thumb ever so slightly -- try it on your own 3DS if you don't believe me! It's almost like... like... almost like a second stick without the need for an add-on!"

Something tells me a lot of the upcoming games that have the option for the add on will also have the option to use a virtual dpad on the right side of the touch screen. Why didn't DS games do this? The screen is resistive, so you couldn't really put a virtual slide pad on the bottom screen to control your character with. But a dpad or c-button scheme where you just press your thumb on the right/left part of the dpad/camera buttons to move the camera seems like it could work well.